Rebuilt my top end for first time today, a few questions..

Joe_148

Mar 13, 2004
I did my first ever top end today, it went pretty smooth, but it took wayyy longer than I thought it would. A few things are stressing me out at the moment..Firstly, is the "n" on the ring (2001 cr125) what is supposed to face up? It said the mark, so Im guessing they meant the n. Also, what would happen if the rings rotated a bit, whilst putting the cyl. on. I think they stayed on the pin, but its my first time and im just kinda freaked out. Secondly, I have no idea if it did this before or not, but where the cylinder meets the case right beside where the power valve is, there seems to be an overhang. When looking at it on the bike, it would seems impossible because the cyl nuts are torqued down, I thought once I did that it would pull over.The base gasket even looks like there shouldn't be an overhang. The valve cap is still off (waiting for gasket). Anyways, heres a diagram. I know its hard to tell with a diagram, and in the picture the power valve opening (on the cyl.) should be over to the right more right by the overhang.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…