johnpace2

~SPONSOR~
Dec 5, 2000
Hello,

Can anyone recommend a good KTM dealer, hopefully on the East Coast? I'm looking for a decent deal and good customer service. I don't need shop service. I don't mind having them ship me a bike.

Are there any deals to be had on a 2002 KTM 125SX? I'm guessing that I will be paying MSRP + shipping. So that's about $5,200 shipped right?

Any advice appreciated.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
www.wilsonsmc.com. They advertise MSRP on the website, then give "their price". Sure, they're way over here on the left coast, but it can at least give you an idea while shopping. I'm sure everyone else in here has their own favorite to recomend. Looks like the '02 125SX will be a hot bike, so yeah- I doubt you'll be getting any great deal. Good luck!!!

johnpace2

~SPONSOR~
Dec 5, 2000
I guess with the KTM, I wouldn't need any extras because they come with decent bars and a quality chain.

I do have the pro-tapers from my CR (with universal mounts).

So far, the best price I've found is $5,379 OTD and I pick up in NJ.

I wonder if I want to take the Orange Plunge? Have any of you guys ridden a 01 125sx and had experiences with the Japanese brands? I know the motor will blow the doors off my 2000 CR 125, but I wonder about the suspension and brakes? I love the Honda brakes and haven't noticed and problems with the suspension. My guess is that being at the novice level, the only thing I may notice is the difference in braking, if any.

Help me decide!

Wild Hare

Aug 9, 2001
Forget about Wilson's! I walked in CASH in hand to buy a KTM they had in stock and listed for $800 off on the web.... Long story short...by the time they finished adding "fees" on the back end of the deal their OTD price was the same as my local dealer - FULL Retail. When I started to walk they started the used car game - " what would it take to get you to buy today?" my response " sell it for the price you listed on the web plus tax and License"...it didn't happen. My advice? ANYBODY but them:think

I ended up buying two bikes from KTM of Mojave ( ktmofmojave.com ). I got an '01 200 MXC and an '01 520 MXC. Nice people, family owned and only family working there.... I don't know if they'd sell a bike "mail order" but you could call Lori at the shop and ask...

Good Hunting!:)

NEMX305

~SPONSOR~
Mar 25, 2001
http://www.cycletrader.com/addetail.html?1260291 These guys bailed me out over the winter . I was down there for the first gncc and needed a part they didn't have in stock, they said no problem took the shift lever off a new bike for me. My local dealers would have said all they can do is order it for me and I would have missed that race. They do seem to have the lowest advertised prices too. Tim

creator8

Jul 22, 2000
got to agree about ktm of mojave. great people. great service. they'll set the bike up correctly for you too. nothing but good things to say about them. i bought my bike from back east, had a major problem with it straight out of the box and they took care of it and did the whole pre delivery on it for me for free as well.

the other dealer that a lot of people swear by is holeshot ktm in ohio. they know their stuff too.

Last edited:

cbm4stroke

Feb 29, 2000
Another vote for KTM of Mojave. Great people / easy going family owned and when they deliver a bike it is preped: spokes tightened, air cleaner oiled, all fasteners tightened, lock tight on the the important stuff (top and bottom shock bolts, kickstarter, etc), full tank of fuel, proper tire pressure in each tire, wiring detailed and zip tied, jetted properly (if required) and good bike walk around pre-delivery information provided just--a pleasure to deal with.

Clark

Apr 26, 2000
Hi John,
I highly recommend Aldos Harley-Davidson. They have good pricing and very very good service.

ALDOS HARLEY-DAVIDSON
203 SOUTH ST
BERNARDSTON MA 01337
Phone:413-648-9302

trl junkie

Feb 25, 2001
I bought my 520EXC from Neeleys in Spartanburg, SC. It was the owners race bike that he races in A class. With half a season on it, I paid $5750 for it with a Scotts steering dampener, and a bunch of other goodies. He was a pleasure to deal with, and stood by his word! :cool:

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
I have no personal experience, but a couple of guys at my last dirt riders meeting were talking about Douglasville, GA and had nothing but good things to say about them.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Holeshot Racing

Not exactly East coast, but by far the best customer service I've ever gotten anywhere.

I delt with three dealers trying to get a shifter for my dad's 250SX for 4 WEEKS! Numerous phone calls and no replies. In less than 2 minutes I was told that they had the shifter in stock and would put in on UPS that day. All other dealers said that KTM had them on back order. No questions asked, if I ever get a KTM, I will only deal with Holeshot. They are located in Akron, Ohio.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
CAL hope you checked on the "S&H" charge you may get a little upset when you see that bill.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Shipping was $12 for shifter and a few other small things. Well worth it considering the bull I got from the other dealers.

johnpace2

~SPONSOR~
Dec 5, 2000
Thanks for all the suggestions.

If anyone cares to know. I got a 2002 KTM 125 SX from
Ridersville Motorcyles in Berkeley Springs, WVA for $4,600 ot the door.

This is easily the best price I have seen. I expect early to mid October delivery.

If anyone cares, the number is 304-258-1449. Family run, nice people. They are about 90 minutes from the Washington, DC area. Harold is the man to speak to.

Wild Hare

Aug 9, 2001
Haven't been out with Sam and his boy Mike yet...been invited just haven't done it...

I get schooled by a bunch of fast old guys al the time here here so I'll be right at home with Sam! LOL!!!

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
Try Links Cycle in Allentown, PA. The owner, Mike Scott, has been working there forever! When the owner was ready to sell the business, Mike bought it. He is a great guy, a former racer, and all around bike fanatic. I told him to take on a new line to go with Honda and Yamaha and he did, KTM and Cannondale!

It can't hurt to call and its close to you you.

Link Cycle
610-282-2800

I will call Mike Monday morning and let him know to expect a call. Ask for him directly. Good Luck.

Top Bottom