dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Holy Smokes, that first MX moto was AWESOME!

For those that missed it, there was a live video feed of the Lites and MX moto #1 on the internet at http://live.motocross.com/redbud_video.php

GREAT RACING!

JBS takes Moto #1 in epic fashion!

M. Alessi took the holeshot and held the lead for a couple of laps. RC was 2nd for awhile, but went off track briefly and allowed JBS to sneak past. Both passed Alessi shortly after.

Then RC blazed by JBS and set sail. RC was in control until about minute 20, then he nearly falls off in a corner. Comes to a stop and has to turn around! He loses about 6 seconds, and JBS puts the hammer down!

RC digs deep and hunts him down! Lots of lappers! Both are flying! RC shows him a wheel on the last lap but blows a corner with only a few corners left, and lets Bubba finish up alone.

GREAT BATTLE! I don't know if the live streaming vid for Moto 2 will be on the internet, but GO RC!

Props to James for being in GREAT condition.

BTW, Alessi held of Ferry and Langston for the Moto 1 podium. He was on fire!

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Sounds like a Great race! I kind of want to laugh, thinking about when Alessi was giving out pointers to KDub a few years ago. WOuld of been nice to see him on a Honda, I bet KTM is more than excited! :)

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
No matter what they do to that track,it gets BRUTAL! What a race,can't wait to see the lites. Watch the preview show at motocross.com,it shows RD's get off at the ski jump! MA,unbelievable,hope he has something for the next race!

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
This has to mess with Stewarts head, RC walkin away with the points lead HAHAHAHA!! :laugh:

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
KTM finally brought over some of the GP works suspension for the Alessi boys and they go 3rd and 7th. This has to beg the question where this suspension has been all year to this point? KTM under budget constraints? Someones butt should be in a sling if those kids have been battling a poor setup because someone just didn't give them the good stuff.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Mike said on the podium that he has a new mechanic now. Not sure if they made any changes to his motor, too, but his bike ripped. He holeshot both motos and clearly he had as much power as any bike out there. Whatever the reason, he was the closest to the top 2 of any 3rd place rider of the season.

Too bad they did not show more of Moto 1 on the telecast.

The track was brutal and the riders supremely skilled and in phenomonal condition. Two long motos + 2. That's MX, baby! It's days like this that make me realize I enjoy MX more than SX.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
What a bummer JS fell over in the 2'nd moto..........I was on the edge of my seat.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
IMO, both RC and JBS are pushing hard (but not being overly reckless). Even for those two it is hard to go two long motos on a tough track at that pace without an error. They are so close now, a 5 second error is all it takes to tip the scales. Looks like RC still has a slight edge most of the time, but JBS is hot on his heels.

I am so glad to see them battling this year! JBS could hold back and not worry about the part timer, and RC could be focusing more on the future and less on MX. Instead, they training hard and bringing 100% to the track each and every week.

Man, I would love for RC to extend his schedule so we get more of this good stuff. On the webcast, they asked him if he would race Mt. Morris (it's part of a Triple Crown series, which would pay some bonuses). RC waffled and would not say for sure one way or the other.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Alessi was fast, but he showed again yesterday that he doesn't have anything for JBS.

Bubba used him as a berm right after the whoop section to make the pass for the lead in Moto 1.

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
Yeah, that was a GREAT race. I'm just bummed JBS fell over as that was a killer battle they had going. The last 1-2 laps would have been AMAZING...

One thing that did tick me off was the commentators talking about who won the lites race when it hasn't yet been broadcast!

RYDMOTO

~SPONSOR~
Feb 16, 2001
Did any of you hear Rickys interview over the track radio? I was listening to it while I was leaving.he said he is having more fun than ever these past races.he went on to say that he has always tried to be a man of his word and that he said he would only do so many races.Then he said you all are making it really hard not to come back with all the cheering esp when he passed Bubba.The way he said I don't Knooooow after he was asked if he is comming back makes me think he is teetering and finishing the season.At least that was my impression.He is kicking butt with no pressure to speak of--What a better way to retire? Time will tell.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
the ultimate cruelty would be for RC to sit out just often enough to let Bubba catch up in points (or even take the lead), then come back and beat him.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
I dont know.... but I am going to so miss seeing RC outdoors!!
Will be a dull second half of the season..

I bet the promoters are not liking the fact that RC isn't doing all the races! In fact Coombs said it would be "great" if he decides to ride high point.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
wardy said:
I bet the promoters are not liking the fact that RC isn't doing all the races! In fact Coombs said it would be "great" if he decides to ride high point.

Uhhh, He already rode High Point. That was Memorial Day weekend.

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
It was nice to see a katoom out front for several laps in the big dog class. Alessi showed that he does have the speed/potential to run w/ JBS and RC, just not for an entire 30 min moto....

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
Uhhh, He already rode High Point. That was Memorial Day weekend.

tells ya how much i pay attention to pro racing. coombs said something about hoping he would race his track later in the season....... what is that steel city then? LOL no matter, you get my point.

Top Bottom