~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I'm planning on it..

If you go, look in the amateur pits for our van.. I have pics in my gallery

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Will do. We'll be coming in about 9 or 10 saturday and leaving at the end of the main. What time do they usually get done running?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Hmmm. You may want to show up earlier than that.

Practice starts at 8am, and you'll want to make sure you make it in before the racing starts.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
With any luck, the adult parking lot. I am not into walking, or as little as possible! Are wheel barrows allowed, probably not? The Sunday main, what the hell? The second MX moto gets done around 3:30 ish?? But! Getting out, is not as bad as it use to be. Lots of people hang out for the awards.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
IndyMX said:
Hmmm. You may want to show up earlier than that.

Practice starts at 8am, and you'll want to make sure you make it in before the racing starts.
So I should try to get there BEFORE 8am? Uhhh. Probly not. Are we gonna have to walk 10 miles to the track? I hope to be on the road by 5:30, that would put us there at 10.

Bob, the main events are all on saturdays this season.

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
Every year (and then some). My boys race there, our friends race there, the Richies are friends, and it's just the place to be...nuff said!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
_JOE_ said:
So I should try to get there BEFORE 8am? Uhhh. Probly not. Are we gonna have to walk 10 miles to the track? I hope to be on the road by 5:30, that would put us there at 10.

Bob, the main events are all on saturdays this season.

Getting from parking to the track isn't the problem. It's going to be the line getting into the track that will be a problem.

If I were you I'd check the schedule, 10 am might be too late. You might miss some good racing at that time.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Uchytil said:
Every year (and then some). My boys race there, our friends race there, the Richies are friends, and it's just the place to be...nuff said!
Now to put a face to the name? Joe, go to redbuds website and check out the parking. You park in the quite or amatuer pits, 10 miles staggering is a longggg way! I would have sworn redbud was going to still race Sunday, no partying with Nolaw and a baseball bat? If you plan on showing up Saturday, plan early! And, I think its a live aired race? http://www.redbudmx.com/motocrossnational.htm

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
Who's Joe? Anyway...parking has never been a problem that I've ever seen. All the pro races (Nat) are on Saturdays now. My friends that run pro end up in the back lot usually (pits still). If I were going there for my first time to spectate, and I only wanted to be there for the pro race (Nat) I'd be at the gate at 6AM and park in the field. Walk in with my lawn chairs, cooler, etc. and park my azz in the infield. You can see most of the race and walk around as needed.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Joe's from PA! May be a good hook up for the races over that way? IF YOU are camping, try to get up on the hill. The entire A lot and part of the B lot are atop the hill. The hill is primarily the best place to view the track. Sun protection a must, and mud boots and paraphernalia for such? It will be either hot humid and windy, or raining and windy. Who is staying for the Sunday race? Hope they do not prep the track?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I read that they are running the entire pro track layout on Sunday..

That should be interesting.

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
The only bad part is, you will miss the crowds. Back in the day, we raced the pro track on Saturday, WAY COOL!

Too true, but, nowadays there is a pretty huge crowd at the regular series races, and the track is groomed like a wedding cake! Running the entire pro track would be new. Usually they cut off the massive uphill. The grass race is the time/place to be for that 370.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…