jackflack44

May 3, 2008
Was amazing, a friend and I (sorry 2stroker144! ;)), went and all I can say is wow. Cameron Sinclaire, who ended up placing 3rd of 12 (6 of 12 overall), pulled TWO DOUBLE BACKFLIPS in competition! It was rediculous! Nate Adams ended up winning in the final round. (This is a head to head competition.)

Here is a much more extensive write-up...
FMXWorld.com said:
Big, bigger, X-Fighters: It is hard to find the right words to describe the monumental action that just took place in Ford Worth Texas. Big massive course and never before seen trick level: We saw – for the 1st time ever – a double backflip in a freestyle motocross completion – and we saw it twice; plus we saw - for the 1st time - an unfortunately crashed frontflip. But above all we witnessed “why freestyle motocross riders are as tough as nails (Ronnie Renner).” And in an amazing final it was the comeback of a true Red Bull X-Fighters veteran: Nate “The Destroyer” Adams triumphed in front of his home crow in his 1st final since Madrid 2007! – He beat last year’s champ Mat Rebeaud.
Final result Red Bull X-Fighters Texas:
1. Nate Adam
2. Mat Rebeaud
3. Cam Sinclair
4. Eigo Sato
5. Robbie Maddison
6. Twitch Stenberg
7. Adam Jones
8. Dani Torres

Overall Series:
1. Eigo Sato 215
2. Mat Rebeaud 210
3. Robbie Maddison 145
3. Nate Adams 145

1st round:
In the first round crazy French rider Thomas Pages tried to pull off a frontflip and crashed. So far we have no information about his condition. The highest score in the first round went to Adam Jones followed by the again very strong Dani Torres.

Round 2
Eigo Sato vs. Robbie Maddison 5-0
Eigo Sato wanted to take revenge for his loss in the Calgary final and the 30 year old Japanese freestyler started strong a typical Sato run with his unique style: lazy boy backflip, cordova backflip and some rough landings.
Robbie Maddison – champion in Canada - had so much confidence and started very strong; he was really on a roll when he popped out his shoulder on the quarter pipe jump. – But he then proved why he is considered the guy with the biggest balls on the planet: He popped his shoulder back in, shook off the pain and came back to entertain the crowed and still showed massive tricks like a double reverse Indian air. But it was all after the clock had already run out.

Jeremy Stenberg vs Mat Rebeaud 1 -4
Jeremy Stenberg was highly motivated and pulled off a great run with fantastic jumps but he had to go against last year’s champ…
Mat Rebeaud was just riding harded, using the whole course and showing a highly creative ruin. It was clear: He wants his first victory in 2009. And his riding was good enough to advance into the next round leaving a pissed off Twitch.

Dani Torres vs Cameron Sincair 0-5
Dani Torres: After his sharp ride in the 1st run Dani Torres came back knowing he had to give it all: He started great, huge extensions, he managed the cliffhanger backflip and surprised everybody how well he recovered from his injury.
Cameron Sinclair: The clock was down to 5 seconds, the crowd was suddenly dead silent and then Cam Sinclair jumped the 1st ever double backflip in freestyle motocross competition. He suffered from a very hard landing and injured his ankle. Before that historic trick Cam proved that he his not a one-jump-wonder showing a full run with a big pack of tricks.

Adam Jones - Nate Adams 0-5
Adam Jones is a master of style and extension, his upside down dead body – also called a rigamortis – stunned everyone in Texas but he had some small mistakes and missed a jump and that’s too much going against the Destoyer.
Nate Adams is back! After dominating the qualifying and ran a unique line, with lots of perfect smooth tricks including the breathtaking 360 nacnac.

Semi final:
Mat Rebeaud vs Camerson Sinclair 5 - 0
Mat Rebeaud entertained the crowd with a creative, unique run, he proved we he is a true champ, look back indy backflip; and many more tricks all perfectly executed.
Cam Sinclair was troubled by his injured ankle still showed tricks in his suicide style and he did it again: he jumped another double backflip but afterwards he fell off his bike in massive pain. Unbelievable toughness. Overall the run was of course not a Rebeaud run and so the judges voted for the Swiss rider very much to the upset of the crowd and fans – but I think a) he had left nothing to prove, b) he is the winner of hearts and balls c) maybe the judges wanted to protect him from jumping the double backflip again in the final.

Eigo Sato vs Nate Adams 0 -5
Eigo Sato missed his final jump (dead sailor) of a solid but not golden run.
Nate Adams: the veteran delivered big tricks, used the whole course and masters the heat of Texas. He is from Phoenix Arizona so he is used to the high temperatures.

The final:
Mar Rebeaud vs Nate Adams
Mat Rebeaud showed another great signature Rebeaud style run but was a little bit too late for his final jump the underflip.
Nate Adams: The Destroyed running like a machine: No mistakes, just great jumps and tricks made it look so easy – he deserved to win.
The winner is Nate Adams.
And some video...
<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="RedBullXFighterEmbedPlayer" width="425" height="240" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/swflash.cab"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbullxfighters.com/flashembed/RedBullXFighterEmbedPlayer.swf" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="FlashVars" value="videoId=1871&videoHeadline=Test Headline" /><embed src="http://www.redbullxfighters.com/flashembed/RedBullXFighterEmbedPlayer.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" width="425" height="240" name="RedBullXFighterEmbedPlayer" align="middle" play="true" loop="false" quality="high" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashVars="videoId=1871&videoHeadline=Test Headline" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed></object>

Crispy

Boss's Lil' Sis
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2001
I will go next year... I dont care how hot it is. This is the 2nd year I have drooled over tickets and didnt go. I just couldnt imagine standing in 103 degrees without a pool near by.
JF44 - how is the 'arena'? I cant picture where in the Stockyards it would be held. Told the husband - next year I want to get a hotel room and tickets for our anniversary. Ft Worth is only an hour away, but I would rather make a weekend out of it, and really enjoy it.

jackflack44

May 3, 2008
I'll get some pics on here asap. :) you have gotta see it, it's awe-inspiring! :)

Top Bottom