afunk

Oct 27, 2003
I live in Northern Cali and bought a 04 YZ250. It is red stickered (restricked riding season)and was wondering if anyone knew if my bike would eventually be green stickered ?.( unrestricked riding season). Guess this is about pollution or something, but one thing for sure is this is a jacked up situation....thanks for any help.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
The only bikes that were re-issued a green sticker by the DMV were bikes from the year 2002 and older. Newer than 02 bikes will follow the original rules for green/red sticker. If I remember correctly, if the 8th digit in your VIN# is a "C" or a "3" you are going to have to stay Red.

kdxtaz

~SPONSOR~
Mar 29, 2002
I don't know what the rules are at areas around Sac but where I usually ride-Cow Mtn in Ukiah, Stonyford, & Middle Creek-The red sticker means nothing. That rule is only enforced where the air does not meet the clean air standards. I think most of Nor-Cal is that way. It is also not enforced on closed course tracks (eg. MX).

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
They enforce the sticker issue at Hollister, Carnegie and Metcalf that i know of.. WHat gets me is my 250 is legal and the kids KX65 isn't :think:

afunk

Oct 27, 2003
htx for the info ..I've been wanting to go to stonyford and a few other places also..heard stony was a great place to ride...thx again for alll the info..

Top Bottom