Redneck Flycatcher .. Or a good use for MGD

So a friend of mine tells me that a little beer left in a bottle and set outside does wonders .... Yes, I forced down a large amount of that MGD in the name of science...

The nasty little insects seem to get intoxicated while sitting on the lip (fumes maybe?) then they just fall in. I suppose there are worse ways to go and PETA should leave me alone. Meanwhile, a typical fly sheet was hanging near by, with only 1 victim.

So there you have it. Got a guest's left over crap beer in the fridge? Now there's a use for it. This collection took lass than 24 hours, hard to tell from the shot, but there are no less than 30 of them in there.

Attachments

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Brilliant!

_JOE_

Subscriber
So thats why people buy that crap! So you can catch a buzz while catching a buzz...... :nener:

_JOE_

Subscriber
xsnrg said:
mmm. kind of like the worm in a bottle of Tequila?

Maybe MGD has maggots instead and they hatched and couldn't swim?
;)

76GMC1500 said:
I spray the dog turds with Diazinon, that seems to keep the number of flies down in my yard.
Ever consider picking the stuff up? :think:

At least you didn't catch a mouse in there. Is it the McKenzie brothers I'm thinking of??? "There's a mouse in my beer, eh."

Kawidude said:
At least you didn't catch a mouse in there. Is it the McKenzie brothers I'm thinking of??? "There's a mouse in my beer, eh."
That requires much better beer.

Good point!

I just remembered that movie was called Strange Brew. Pretty funny.

"My brother always said that drowing in beer would be like heaven..... well my brother isn't here and I've got two soakers. This isn't heaven...this sucks."