Perk

~SPONSOR~
Sep 17, 2001
After several searches on the product, I'm still just a tad confused on the reed settings on the v force. I have a 220 with airbox removed, and rev pipe with stock jetting. If I'm looking for more bottom end, I should go with the low tension setting? Low for low end, high for more high hit? Or the other way around. Also, will my jetting be rich or lean after the v force install. I ride in fairly low altitude at around 500 or up to a few thousand feet. Most of my riding is hare scrambles and lugging second and third gear.

Thanks,
Perk

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
You have it right - low tension for an added hit off the bottom and high tension for an added hit off the top. Just be careful, if you choose low tension, the reed pedals open more often/easier/more and they will wear faster. So I would inspect your reeds every 4-6 months if you go with low tension for chips/bowing/wear.

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
Other things that help bottom end:
1. drop the CS sprocket one tooth from stock.
2. Be sure your pilot and needle circuits are jetted correctly, not just the main.
3. swap the rev pipe for a woods pipe
4. If swapping is not feasable, install a Fredette torque ring.
5. Install a flywheel weight.
I assume here you have done the standard airbox, et al mods already.
My V-Force reeds on my 220 are on the low setting and with the other mods I have listed, the bike is a tractor. I really have to work at stalling it out now and have power from idle on up without hesitation or bog. I also don't need to slip the clutch as often to keep the revs up to where the power is enough to pull me over things.
If you are going from stock reeds and are currently happy with your jetting, you may find that the V-Force will cause the bike to run richer due to the reeds flexing more and allowing more fuel in at lower rpm's. It is usually a good idea to change one thing at a time and check jetting after each performance change.

And finally: Try your bike with reeds in both positions. That is the only way you will KNOW what works best for you.

Perk

~SPONSOR~
Sep 17, 2001
Thanks Skipro3 and Nikki both for your valuable input. Knees took me away form skiing years ago, but am looking to try snowboarding in near future.

As for Nikki, More girls/women should get into bikes. It's absoluttely HOT to see a woman who knows how to ride. I'm trying to get my girlfriend into riding, but she is only interested in being a passenger on a street bike, no where near piloting a dirt bike. I've been trying to sell her on an xr 200 or a ttr 125. She is having none if it though. She supports me fully though, as long as it does not delay that ring, if you know what I mean.

I'll install the v-force probably on Sunday, and maybe go for a test ride on my track, weather permitting. I'll report back on this thread for details. My cat just knocked over my beer, gotta go.

Thanks,
Perk

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom