stevenminix

Nov 28, 2009
hey i was wondering which is better a set of reeds on stock cage or like a performance reed cage with reeds? im pretty sure i can answer that, but wanted opinions if like boyesen reeds in a stock cage is better than stock reeds in a stock cage? also i have seen boyesen has power reeds and pro series? any opinions on which is better?

FNG

May 2, 2008
Adding Boyesen reeds to a stock cage involves removing the stock reed stopper as well. On some motors this is very beneficial, some not so much. The stock reed stoppers can interfere with the intake boost port in some motors. I believe the standard reeds from Boyesen are a fiberglass direct replacement and will have little affect on increasing performance whereas the "Pro series" are a carbon fiber pedal that are much stiffer than a stock reed which will move the peak higher in the RPM range at a small cost to the bottom end. Gotta give to get, no free HP.

As for replacement cages, I prefer the Boyesen cages to V-force. No real science, just personal preferance.

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
FNG said:
"Pro series" are a carbon fiber pedal that are much stiffer than a stock reed which will move the peak higher in the RPM range at a small cost to the bottom end.
boyesen pro series are dual reed system. they run a very lightweight reed on top of a very stiff reed. they are designed to extend the rpm where the reeds work the best.

in my experience they can give more over rev or midrange depending on the original design. on my cr80 was the only way i found to cure a rich spot on carburation with out create any more problems :cool: .

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
I would not recommend the boysen RAD valves. While they can be a good product, they dont have replacement reeds available for it all the time. kind of a drag! Last time I waited 6 months and went back to stock for a customer. Boysen, Tucker, WPS, Parts no ONE had the replacement reeds

I have always run the Vforce Reed systems with excellent results. They outperform the stockers easily.

Top Bottom