Reeds

KDX 1009

Jun 15, 2003
Many people have told me that putting after market reeds in your carb really increases performance. I have read many of your articles regarding fuel economy, however how much affect does aftermarket reeds have on fuel consumption? I already get what think is pretty average fuel consumption, 90km off road before switching to reserve. I don't think I would get much more on road. Firstly I know you guys always get questions on Fuel economy but for a 97 KDX 200 with full pro circuit pipe and silencer is this normal? And by how much ruffly would aftermarket reeds impact on this, power and fuel economy? Thanks

outrgus

Jan 15, 2003
what is the big concern with fuel milage(are you driving to work?), your milage seems nornal and the reed do make a improvment.

KDX 1009

Jun 15, 2003
my concern is that i do use it for road riding and going places is determined by my tank. Because i obviously have too premix fuel before i go anywhere. So how much of an impact on fuel consumption would reeds have?

cfr1970

Sponsoring Member
Jun 27, 2002
Jason's correct. Very few people know pre-post fuel consumption with a reed change. Mainly because it's a insignifigant amount, if any at all. You don't have a 20 gallon tank on your bike. What this means, if you lose 3mpg, you're only seeing a 7mile change over a tank of gas. I average 70-75 miles a tank.

By the way, I don't know the metric conversions...this side of the pond refuses to convert :confused:

andrew

Aug 7, 1999
I have '96 model with FMF rev pipe and RAD valve. I get about 120 Km on a normal trail ride, but only 70-75 Km when I'm racing Pony Xpress.

I agree with everyone else, the difference in consumption will be bugger all.

Cheers,
Andrew

C

CaNaDiAn,Eh?

Does anyone know how much a good set of after market reeds can alter your bikes performance? I have also heard that by putting different reeds on you can gain a bit of power. Thanks for the help.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…