AKUTERRER

Aug 7, 2001
Hi all,
I'm currently riding a KTM200 '00 and would like to know something abt the spark plugs.There's 2 diff types of NGK plugs tht I used namely BR8ES or B8ES.A friend told me when using the B8ES, as there is no restrictor,it will "fry" the CDI unit.Is this true?Does the B8ES plug really "fry" the CDI unit or is this just rumours?
Thanks in advance for the feedback.

regards,
Sham

KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
I was told by my KTM dealer that a non-resistor plug B8ES can send pulse waves back up to the coil and burn it out. Why complain. The resistor plug is only $.40 more at the auto parts store. I can get BR8ES plugs for $1.37 at O'Reilly's or Advance Auto Parts and the BR8EV plugs (fine wire) for $3.25. BTW, you want to use a different spark plug boot on the BR8 series plug. The factory sparkplug rubber boot won't protect the area because of the bigger plug. The rubber boot is available for about $2.50 at your KTM dealer.

The only bike I know that can run non-resistor plugs without damage is the Husky's.

BTW, 40 cents a plug verses $300 for a new CDI unit, GO FIGURE?

AKUTERRER

Aug 7, 2001
Hey thks for the info mate.Just wanna know the diff between the BR8ES and B8ES and what it does to the CDI unit.Thks again.

regards,
Sham

Top Bottom