jress5

Jul 19, 2006
So i ride a rm250 right now and am thinking about switching to a 450 and i talked to a guy who said that as long as you do regular maintenance you won't have to make any expensive engine repairs. Is this true and what are those regular things to do so i don't have to spend the big bucks on repair?

jress5

Jul 19, 2006
I also hear it is good to change a piston once a year or so and check valve clearances, is this as easy to do as with a 2 stroke?

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
Obviously, you won't be checking valve clearances on a two stroke, so there is no comparison between the two there. As for changing piston, somewhat tougher because of the valvetrain and timing chain. Do you even know what kind of bike you are going to buy??? They are all a little different, you know.

muski250

Jul 4, 2007
it is easy to check valve clearences on the rm450 remove the gas tank then only 2 bolts on valve cover if your going to let the bike sit for a while without riding it drain the carb bowl just had a problem with bike not starting checked valves and found it was a stuck float needle

Top Bottom