parkerCR

Nov 8, 2001
I am in the process of installing the rear wheel on an 01 CR250. I cannot even with two people get the right side to line up for the axle to go through. I clip the brake assembly to the backside of the swingarm by slifding it into the grooves. No matter how much I lift pull or push I can't get the rubber grommet on the right side to line up with the hole that drops down from the brake assembly. The hole connected to the brake assembly lines up with the chain adjuster hole but the grommet always falls about an 3/8" below and to the outside of lining up.
What am I doing wrong? Spent 2 hours trying to get it to line up with another person.

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
why did you have your rear wheel off to start with?

does your chain have enough slack to work with? if you added a bigger rear sprocket,,is it hitting the chain glide?
also, are you putting your axle in thru the side its supposed to go in thru first?

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
You mention the rubber grommet? Which one? I am not familiar with lining up rubber grommets.

When I take my wheel off, I have an axle, two chain adjuster blocks, two aluminum wheel spacers, a nut, and a washer? Shouldn't you be lining up the spacers with the hole in the caliper mount?

Further on what Sixx said, are your chain adjuster bolts turned all the way in so they don't interfere?

Top Bottom