dp400

Aug 8, 2001
Hey Guys

Is there an adjustment for the autolube on the PW 80? If so - how?

Daughters bike - PW 80 - is running rich - spews oil out of pipe - and need to clean it up.

Should I just lower the needle one clip and lean it out that way?

Thanks dan

jasowiii

Nov 16, 2003
Dan,
Be careful man. Jetting and lubrication are two different things.

I know nothing specific about the injection sytem on that bike, but I do know it is hard to tell wether you are heavy on oil or just running rich carburator wise.

I would look at the plug and if possible the piston. You should see a little grey/brown on the ceramic insulator. If the plug has a chunks or a layer of carbon on it then it may be your oil, but I would start with your carb.

You might just re-pack your exhaust and tell the little one to rev it higher, most 2 smokes like to hang out in mid to high RPM ranges, if she's running it at low R's it's gonna load up no mater what.

Jim

dp400

Aug 8, 2001
Jim

Thanks for the reply. What I decided to do is lean it out by one clip on the needle. Yes , it would be good if she reved it more but she just isn't that aggresive on it - although I do ask her to rev it out more. I rode it around in the backyard after changing the clip pos. and adjusting the air screw and the bike does run better - pulls harder form the bottom.

Thanks dan

Top Bottom