Rekluse Auto Clutch for the KDX

moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
I emailed their sales line to see if they intended on producing an auto clutch for the KDX. Seems as if they are int he final stages of testing as they plan on releasing it for the KDX mid-March 2004.

The Rekluse gets excellent reviews on the KTM site - plus the price is about 1/3 of most of the others.

I have to be honest - I may give it a whirl and see what it is like. Anyone else going to give it a try?

farcry2

Jun 23, 2003
I had inquired about production of the Rekluse KDX unit also and was told early 04.

I am very interested in this product and think it will be great in the single track I mostly ride. A few Just KDXers who have installed similar products gave positive reviews. A previous poster had provided some photos of a clever cable activated rear brake through the clutch lever.

My concerns are:
1) Modification of existing clutch basket (hopefully it won't require it)
2) Will it work with stock driven clutch plates or do I have to purchase steel.
3) Will this product is freewheel? Will it drag? If it freewheels will engine braking disappear when the throttle is chopped. If it does freewheel when throttle is chopped then failed hill climb attempts and steep downhills require riding techniques.
4) Manufacturing quality and durability.

I expect it to react like an auto-clutch atv, where lofting the front end quickly for trail nasties requires perfect timing. You can no longer pop the clutch to clear logs, gear selection will be critical.

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
I tried riding a ktm 450 with a revlok auto clutch... it wasn't pretty. I am used to pulling in the clutch, and slowly aplying the brakes.... I ended up dumping it.

marksharp

~SPONSOR~
Sep 29, 2002
Zerotact, interesting results with the RevLoc. I'm curious as to why you found the bike hard to ride or stop that caused you to dump it? It's my experience that stopping with the Revloc requires two things, let off of the throttle and apply the brakes... soft, hard or in between. The only difference is that you can't stall the motor.

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
Muscle memory being what it is, I imagine that it takes some time not to instinctivly grab a handful of clutch and instead now grab a handful of rear brake.

marksharp

~SPONSOR~
Sep 29, 2002
I suppose that might be true, but do not assume that an automatic clutch comes with a left hand rear brake. It's an option and frankly I haven't seen one yet. Most auto clutch guys I know either leave the clutch lever on, or just take if off and leave it open. I've let several people ride mine and surprisingly in a short time they adapt to the no clutch lever riding style. It's kind of cheating, but us old guys need all the help we can get.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
The Rekluse comes stock with the adjustment at the clutch housing. Another $100 gets you the perch mount adjustment and the ability to still use the clutch lever when you need it.
I don't think the KTM models have this option. (?)

Top Bottom