flicklee

Jul 14, 2003
You will not believe how preoccupied you can be with the duty to connect the engine and rear wheel until you ride an auto
clutch.
Just had my first ride with the z-start clutch and I am amazed at how much more fun my bike is to ride. There is about 2 inches of crusty snow on the ground here, making the first test all the more interesting. I found that i could focus more on the trail and pick better lines when not worrying about stalling or being carefull with the clutch to maintain traction. My lever is still there and works great but i didnt need to put so much as a finger on it all day!! arm pump??? never heard of it... i noticed i was holding on a lot looser and riding more relaxed.
Riding in tight, rocky, log strewn woods is like driving in rush hour traffic, stop and go-stop and go. The clutch always felt like a burden to me and im glad to see it go.
As far as the quality of the product, I am happy so far. It seems to be made very well and does not require the removal of the entire clutch, just the cover and pressure plate. Ive had mine apart 3 times to fine tune the engagement, now takes me about 30 min.
Orerall, the best mod ive done to any of my bikes!

farcry2

Jun 23, 2003
What bike did you install it on? Does the bike freewheel when the throttle is let off? I am thinking of purchasing one, when they come out for the KDX200.
My concerns are lack of engine breaking when throttle is chopped and the ability to still shift under power.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

Vince Stokes

May 30, 2002
The biggest problem with my Husky Auto is when you close the throatal it
goes into Angel Gear, or Nutral and has Zero engine braking, does this happen with this gadget.I really like my Husky Auto and would like to fit one
off these to my 1992TE 350,kind off completes the circle
Vince

farcry2

Jun 23, 2003
Do the bikes freewheel when the throttle is chopped? My concern is rolling backward on unsuccessful hill climb attemps or lack of engine breaking through clutch engagement on steep downwhills.

TomM

Jan 31, 2004
Yes, you still have engine breaking. Yes, if you stall on the side of a hill climb, the bike will roll backward. However, you will not stall the motor, and you can keep the bike from rolling backward by rolling on the throttle slightly.

I started with a Revloc two years ago. I sold the bike with the Revloc, and riding the new bike without a centrifugal clutch reminded me of how much I like the clutch. I put the Rekluse on the new bike two days ago, and like it even more than the Revloc. It is smoother.

It takes a while to learn to use it to it's maximum advantage, but once you do, you won't want do without it.

TomM

jackdrinker

Apr 11, 2003
i have talked to the guys at rekluse and they promise me the z-start will be available for my rm250 by april. i cant wait, they are also having a bar mount rear brake...

ChrisK7

Mar 1, 2004
If you guy's want a bunch of info on the auto clutch check KTMTalk.com and do a search for Rekluse or auto clutch. You will be amazed.

Top Bottom