Rekluse clutch - who has one?

Do you use a Rekluse/Revloc/EFM clutch

• Yes, with a left hand rear brake (hydraulic clutched bike)

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Yes, with left hand rear brake (cable clutched bike)

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Yes, with hydraulic clutch

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Yes, with cable clutch

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • No, my left hand works just fine, thank you very much.

Votes: 19 54.3%

• Total voters

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
I'm just trying to get a feel of how many people use these suckers. If so, do you have a left hand rear brake? Do you want one? Are you on a bike with a hydraulic clutch?

Thanks for your time.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I have the Rekluse Pro on my yz250f and had the Rekluse Z on my CRF450.

Personally I don't think the extra cost of the Pro is worth it for the average rider.

If it wasn't for the tight single track mountains that I race in I wouldn't have one. I like using my clutch.

Ivan

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
I have the ZStart on mine but not the left hand brake lever. I won't buy another bike unless I can get a Rekluse for it. I never quite got the right feel for a clutch lever and it distracted me from concentrating on other aspects of riding. I'm much more comfortable on my bike now as well as faster and smoother.

Steve

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I'm lazy enough to want one, but too lazy (and cheap) to buy one.

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
I have had 3 bikes in a row (all KTM's) with the rekluse in it. My last bike had the pro.
IMO, the best aftermarket part I ever bought....ever.

The pro is well worth the money if you intend to use the manual override a lot (I do).

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
From my experience with the Pro the "stock like" clutch feel is true but only at RPM's above 4000. If below 4000 the engagement point varies.

That is why I think I would have been fine with the regular Z. I don't clutch a lot in the upper rpm's.

Once the racing season is over I will be taking my Rekluse off and going with the straight clutch b/c I enjoy it more. However, the Rekluse (Pro or Z) does give a big advantage in slippery, rock and root infested areas.

Ivan

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Don't run one myself, but most of the guys I ride with do. They're all running the original one and swear they'll never go back... (but keep in mind we search out the nastiest, tightest, rock infested stuff we can find.) Our local Hare Scramble stuff is almost MX in comparison, and I've "heard" the advantage in those conditions is not as noticed.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
A friend of mine who races primarily MX and does test riding for easterndirt.com recently did a test with the Rekluse on an RMZ450 and they were VERY pleased with it.

From what I remember the testers that tested the CR500AFX Internet Bike Build were pleased with the Rekluse on that too.

There are some who think the Rekluse is awesome in just about any condition.

Ivan

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I picked up the new Rekluse EXP Core clutch for my 09 KX450F, can't wait until spring to give it a go!

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
When I get the Recluse clutch out of my bike I will be preparing some special .223 Remington and 300 Weatherby loads to see if I can do as much damage to it as it did to me.

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Page 6

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
One thing I've found when setting up the recluse - I needed to set the idle higher than normal if I wanted to avoid mysterious "flame-out" issues.

At first, I thought these flameouts were caused by water in the gas, that cool "shortie" gas cap vent or something else. :blah: :blah:

I justed turned the idle up and viola - I haven't stalled once since.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I never had to turn the idle up for the Rekluse. I set it where it engages right off idle and have never had a problem with it.

Unless I can't afford it I will never own a bike without a Rekluse.

Ivan

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000

Same here, I bought a used CRF150R with a Rekluse Z-Start Pro.... had it stall on me a few times (during HS races) when I would come to a quick stop. Turned up the idle a little bit, and problem solved!

Took me a while to get used to the auto clutch, but I'm starting to love it on my little woods machine. Even though I smoked the clutch plates at the final hare scramble race of the year, while leading on the final lap, and about 3 miles from the truck! It was going to be my first ever HS win too, in about 15 tries.... go figure! But I still abuse the clutch lever override way too much (trying to get better at that), and I had 25-30 hours on it, and who knows how many hours were on it before me. I probably would have smoked a stock clutch in that time too.

hunt4steve

fat guy on a bike....
Feb 5, 2007
wow, only 1 of 2 who have the Rekluse and left hand hydraulic rear brake handle.....I really like this setup and has helped me quite a bit when attacking the tight trails. Two fingers on the left handle can easily lock up the rear tire....... great setup. :cool:

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Just installed an EXP in my 250XCW tonight. My daughter's 200 has a Z-start Pro. I have only ridden my bike up and down the driveway but the EXP seems to be a big improvement over the Z-start.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…