duke

Oct 9, 1999
In an effort to tranform myself from trail rider to MX rider, I had to overcome the delemma all trail riders have and thats riding fast amongst others. This is especially difficult on a Thursday afternoon at Glen Helen. I was provided a tip by another who seems to have a smooth, effortless riding style. In essence he keeps his upper body so relaxed that he his shoulders droop and he has a hunched over back. His arms, though away from his body, are not flexed out like a wrestler.Think of someone who has really bad posture and you'll get the idea. What happend are two things. One, is that by assuming this posistion you are not tense, which equates to not be being top heavy, thus allowing the bike to turn better. Also, your mind seems to feed off the fact that your body has a relaxed posistion, which allows you to concentrate better on the tasks at hand. The above description seems to work better for those that have long arm and legs. Try it and see if it works for you. It helped me a great deal

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
That's how it's done. I have to remind myself to relax (and breathe) constantly.

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
Hey duke,I'm going to start riding at GH on Thursdays in a couple of weeks,let's keep in touch so we can hook up out there!

Top Bottom