Jeromeo

Feb 26, 2007
2 strokes for life..... hmmm looking at the 4strokes, Dude I was totally devoted to 2 strokes. Even after riding my buddies 03 crf450. The next time I went riding with my buddy I rode his 450 again. This time I got to ride it longer and got the feel for it. I almost man juiced all over it. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL experience. I am now convinced that my next bike will be a 450 4 stroke. I loved the honda but I would probably stay faithful to yamaha. The way the bike flew over hills I felt completely more in control even moreso than I do on the 125. I think I like the weight alot more. I thought I would share this completely useless story with you all as I am wanting a 4 stroke now. Don't get me wrong, I still love my little two stroke but the whole idea of not needing to pre-mix turns me on too

Jan 3, 2007
Jeromeo, the main reason i dont really want a 4 stroke is because i am going to dual-sport. So, i think a 2 stroke is a bit hard to ride in highway speeds and at hardly no speeds. But pre-mixing dose not bother me the slightest bit. The only reason why i want a 2 stroke is because you wont be able to get them in Canada come 2010 unless its under 80cc. Toe, i am pretty stuck on a 4 stroke. It also vareys on what i make this summer to put toward finacing a bike.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
honestly, it ain't all that difficult. I change the oil and filters, clean the air filter, and ride it.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
A hybrid xr for sure!I look at the crf450 and see a f-1 xr-75!Rich,would you mind sharing your beef with the ktm's,I hope its not a sore spot,just a little curious,and I am not getting younger searching your old threads,just smarter!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
2 strokes for life said:
XRpredator, so your saying its almost an XR.
no, nothing is an XR. There isn't anything out there that you can ride hard, put away wet, then ride hard again the next day and still have a reliable machine like an XR. If I could have afforded to keep two bikes around, I would still own my XR400.

Rich is mainly against KTMs because back when he was at Hail Mary Full of Grace Elementary he was admonished for trying to chemically alter the baking soda and maple syrup in the cafeteria as an octane booster for his Tote Goat by Sister Mary Margaret Dorfmeisterberger, who rapped him across the knuckles and admonished him with her thick Austrian accent.

Ever since, he's hated all things Austrian.

that, and the color orange just makes him wig out.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Pred,nice story as always!You do not by chance work on bush's mis-information team do you?What ever did you do to elliot,still got him locked up?No,really,of all the other manufacturers they have seemed to always produce descent equipment,just searching for the real story

Jan 3, 2007
XRpredator, nice reason. Well, i still dont know. I went and looked at the CRF450X, WR450, and 450XC. I like the Yamaha, and KTM the most position wise. The KTM feels kind of big while the WR seems to fit really well.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Rich,would you mind sharing your beef with the ktm's,

I'll keep it simple, so the goose-stepping orange hoard doesn't get it's collective lederhosen all in a bunch.

I don't like the "Husaberg inspired" KTM four-strokes for the same reasons I don't like the RMZ250 and all it's variants. Half-assed engineering mixed with embarrassing quality control makes for bikes I don't want to own or work on. The fact that so many KTM riders seem to lean towards being annoying PITAs, makes it that much easier to dismiss all things orange. ;)

The various Rotax based LC4 models are great bikes IMO.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
CRF59jk said:
I have a 04 CRF450. I have put around 500hrs on the bike in a year and havent done anything besides, change oil, air filter and put gas in it.
Im gonna check the vavles in a couple days.

To truly know the actual hours you have on it, you need to mount an hour meter. Many people that have mounted an hour meter have commented that the actual hours are far less than they'd estimated. I guess people spend a lot more time bench racing than riding. :coocoo:

Personally, if had an actual 500 hours on a 450CRF without doing anything to it (and it was still running), I'd thank God and quickly sell it at a bargain price - then buy a new one.

I didn't say I was a Saint and no one else did either.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
It all depends on how it is rode and maintained.The GENERAL engineering that went into the crf did the honda motor company proud.Good design and track record are unmatched.Even the 150 hours is believable,probably even less,huh.Thank you Rich,I was afraid of that and am well aware of rotax's history,not current,and still blows me away that we can not put a bike on the line from at least north america!Hey but we can give it back to the japanese!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Rich Rohrich said:
. . . The fact that so many KTM riders seem to lean towards being annoying PITAs, makes it that much easier to dismiss all things orange.
yeah, but we're not as annoying as KDX guys, right?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
XRpredator said:
yeah, but we're not as annoying as KDX guys, right?

That goes without saying. Even the Spanish Inquisition was pleasant by comparison. ;)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
in all honesty, if Yamaha or Honda would have had e-start on their machines when I was buying, I'd own either one.

Probably leaning toward the Yamaha, since I'm buds with the local dealer.

Top Bottom