Jerry Maguire

Mar 22, 2021
Want to get into bikes, haven’t been on one for maybe 7 years, thinking 125 2-stroke or 250 4-stroke, budget around 3-4K, just wondering if anybody’s got any recommendations or bikes to avoid / things to look for when inspecting a bike

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
So have you owned a bike before? What’s your experience level working on either a 2 or 4 stroke? Will you take it to a shop for everything or work on it yourself?

If I were just getting started or back into it after some time off, I’d try to find a 2-stroke. A lot easier and cheaper to work on, less complicated in general. More riding, less tinkering. Less to worry about when buying used.

Brand doesn’t really matter in this case, pick a color. Look for the best deal regardless of brand.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Okie hit it. Biggest thing to consider is condition. Serviced air filter, oil changed regularly, no seals leaking.
I've got my bike up for sale in Oklahoma for 3500. Probably more bike than you want. I over built it and need something less powerful. 2005 YZ250 with 300 big bore kit, 23 hours. Rekluse 3.0 and suspension from MXTech. Lots of extras. In our area 125's and 250F's are in short supply since covid hit. A running decent 250 two stroke star at $2500 and through your leg over it and ride! Rebuild is $200 on most and can be done without special tools.

Top Bottom