Reliable??? - Yamalube 2-S

Homer88

Jun 8, 2001
Hi there.

How would you guys rate the "cleanliness" and reliability/protection of Yamahalube 2-S?

Here in Singapore, we have fully synthetic brands like Castrol TTS, Mobil Racing 2T (dun think it's MX2T), Motul series, Maxima K2/927.

I've been using the Mobil Racing 2T as an alternative to the MX2T since I can't get it locally and from the feedback here, seems that Yamalube 2-R is pretty well-reviewed as well but similiarly, I can only get my hands on the Yamalube 2-S but can't seem to find any reviews here.

Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
Yamalube 2-S is the worst oil I've ever seen. First off it gums up powervavles really bad and by the look of the oil it doesn't look like it could handle a high performance 2-stroke engine. It says it is Injector oil on the bottle but says it will work in premix also but I'd rather spend the extra $5 on better oil.:p

Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
Oh yea also forget to mention if you do run it hope ya like cleaning carbon off your powervavles and piston crown in a few weeks of riding .:scream: :debil:

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…