bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
anyone fancy a bit of MX racing?? if we get a bit more rain it could be real fun.

see you there around 8 am on saturday!

dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
Bruce, How is the REM track. From what I saw on the net it kind of looks a bit like a European GP track layout. Like the old GP track at Carlsbad? One that Nov. level riders can run well. Anyway, I'd like to get up there on a Thursday and get to ride the main and the REM, just work always seems to get in the way. I'm wondering if they well be open Thurs Jan 1. That's a day off for me.

Best of luck to you in your motos.

Ed

Fallbrook CA
Husqvarna 570

Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
I just got through riding the REM track on today (Sunday) with the Riverside Old Timers. Fantastic dirt conditions, with a light sprinkle in the afternoon.

Temps in the low 50's, right where I like it.

Mx Dude

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2000
Hey Bruce,

I was there on the main track Saturday. I would have looked you up if I knew you were there.....next time. The main track was a lot of fun, although dicing with all of the quads made for some exciting passes. I really liked the layout and will definitely head down there again soon.

I may go to Racetown this Sunday if I can get the kitchen pass. Let me know if you think you can make, or the next time you're heading to Glen Helen.

Cliff

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Cliff: its a shame you didnt come out and watch the races- watching me would have kept you laughing into the new year! :uh:

ive been riding and racing cahuilla a lot, the other week i had no problems putting in 2x 20-25 minute practise motos- but at REM, i just got whooped real bad, a real rude awakening, :eek: they run 15 min motos (none of this 4-5 lap stuff) and i was done after 10 mins, and i couldnt believe how crap i rode-, my forearms were pumped up like popeye. the track was cool though- a 4-5th gear straight has got to be good.

i am probably going to race again on saturday, and in the new year i am going to try and race most saturdays, i will keep going back until i can leave the place without feeling ashamed! :o look foir either a rm125 or yz250 #372

the main track is the best layout i have ever seen at GH

cheers

Bruce

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by bclapham
- a 4-5th gear straight has got to be good.

Must be a different layout than they had for the ROTMX playday in Oct. They had a few hills that really put you at a big disadvantage when racing a 125 against snarling 450's. :eek:

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
did you race Ron? if so, thats great news! :yeehaw: and i dont want to hear any of this disadvantage stuff- just hold that sucker open!:)

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
No, I didn't race, it was just a playday and everybody was nearly running me off the track. :silly:

I rode my first moto back in 1972 (when they still ran three moto races). :confused: Come to think of it, I did smoke the big bikes a year later on my '73 125 Husky. But that's a story I'll tell my grandkids... :cool:

Last edited:
Top Bottom