Removed rear wheel...now ive got an extra spacer

njoypow

Dec 23, 2012
Hey guys, first off, I just got my first bike last week and got my daughter a bike yesterday. It had a blown rear tube so I replaced it, buut when I went to reassemble the rear wheel back onto the bike I ended up with an extra spacer. It seems like it goes inside the drum because it fits right in there and looks like it should make contact with the bearing, but when I install it and try to put the drum back over the wheel it wont go on all the way.

Sorry fer the novel, any help would be sic cause im trying to give her this bike for christmas

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
arnego2 is spot on, but let us know what the make and model of the bike is and I'm sure someone can chime in with a quick answer.

njoypow

Dec 23, 2012
Ive been searchin with no luck...any idea on where to find it? its a fake honda called a flywing but im thinkin its pretty damn similar.. thanx

njoypow

Dec 23, 2012
Tried that im thinking it may have something to do with the brake shoes..i did accidently push the brake pedal a little while the drum was off. would that affect it?

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
njoypow said:
its a fake honda called a flywing but im thinkin its pretty damn similar.. thanx

If it is a Chinese knock-off you are pretty much on your own. These are similar to Hondas but not enough to go off of a Honda parts fiche.

A little tip. When you are working on it, make a sketch of the area you are working on before and as you take it apart. In the case of your hub and spacers, lay the parts out as you take them apart and draw it out on a piece of paper. Then you will have something to refer to when you put it back together.

njoypow

Dec 23, 2012
Yeah I couldnt find anything online that even referenced the bike. Its amazing how poorly these bikes are built. I had a hell of a time getting the handlebars, stem, and fork to align straight. I had to make custom shims for the bar clamps to get it to work. The bike cleaned up really well and came together nicely, im sure my 11 year daughter first time rider will be really stoked tomorrow morning with this bike under the tree! got it for free and spent about $100 bucks to get it up and running...complete with crf decal kit...

Top Bottom