James980

Dec 29, 1999
When will renewal forms be mailed for D-17?

Also, excuse my ignorance, but are the races in Taylorville new this year (saw on 2001 schedule at www.megacross.com)? Is that a new track?

And Wardy, on another topic, just picked up my kids one of those neat mini dirt bike SX tracks for Christmas. Kind of surprised to see the name plastered all over the box: "MEGACROSS". Sure hope you're getting a piece of that pie!!!

Thanks,
James

[This message has been edited by James980 (edited 12-21-2000).]

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
Yea i tried to get ahold of the company but they haven't return my phone calls on the name thing. Heck all i wanted really was a few of those games to give the kids at the district banquet.

all the apps and stuff are in the mail.

that is a new track at taylorville, i guess the guy has a big area down there and a track, have to check it out

on that minature play track doesn't that sound like Pete announcing i mean does all announces sound like that? if they had the guy saying "get down" I would have swore it was pete......course we are not allowed to swear anymore !!!

wardy

James980

Dec 29, 1999
Maybe they'll return a call from your lawyer.... It would suck to get in a pissing contest with someone who's helping make the sport more mainstream, but, honestly, I'm sure they're not building plastic MX tracks for the public good -- probably more like taking to the bank all the hard work of the guys who have been footing the bill for the local racing scene all these years.

I can tell you I looked at the thing twice and considered buying it more when I saw the Megacross name, figuring the D-17 MX boss might have been lucky enough to be mixed up in it. I'd think they'd be thrilled silly to get away only being out a few track kits.

Just look at the mess over who owns "Supercross" and it's obvious how important this name thing is.

Not sure about the announcer. He does sound familiar, though.

About the Taylorville track, if anyone knows of a Web site for it or one with just pictures or just plain has more info (like natural/man-made, kid's track, trails, etc.), I'd appreciate anything you can pass along.

James

Top Bottom