KX2fitty

Mar 30, 2004
Just wanted the lowdown details on this ride and there are so many threads... I am basically (very) ignorant about the main points: When, where (specifically is it an OHV park or open land), what kind of turnout (ballpark figure) and the type of desert terrian. Also, are desert tanks a must or can people squeek by with stock tanks?

What about Nevada laws on stickers? I am cool with my green sticker but what about people with California red stickers for example?

Oh, who claims the farthest trek to Reno? Coming from SoCal is far but nothing compared to some of the DRN faithful.

:ride:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Here is the best thread for general info (dates, directions, type of riding, number of attendees, etc): http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=105194

Stock tanks are fine for the Reno ride. No stickers needed. And our '04 F350 will be putting on over 4400 miles to transport 11 Midwest bikes to Reno this year (Chicago to Reno via KC). I think that should take time mileage honors. It's a good time - I hope the snow melts soon! I can't wait!

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
I don't know Nikki, if I have a drive like I did last year (something like Az to Nv via japan) I may steal the most milage award from you and Red... :uh:

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Distance? Hah! We're shooting for the Peak-Velocity Trophy. :yeehaw:

Actually we don't like to exceed 100mph 'cause the bike's front fenders start looking funny and we start wondering about those itty-bitty, little trailer wheels. :ohmy:

Cheers! - E-Ticket

Last edited:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
This year ... 3,300 round trip (or so)
Dallas, Albuquerque, Las Vegas, Reno

Last year ... 5.025 round trip
Dallas, KC MO, Denver, Salt Lake, Reno

This year is a piece of cake.

I am going to change the fuel filter right before the trip this year though if I am close to the interval. :pissed:

My daughter is riding up with me this year, which will be cool.

Top Bottom