rmrider45

Sep 8, 2008
on my 2000 rm 250 came with renthal fat bars and i dont like them at all..on my 2003 rm 125 i had Pro Taper SE Handlebar - YZ Low Bend and i thought they were the best. can i put those pro taper bars on my 250 without any problems ? thx

duncanstives

Sep 11, 2009
rmrider45 said:
on my 2000 rm 250 came with renthal fat bars and i dont like them at all..on my 2003 rm 125 i had Pro Taper SE Handlebar - YZ Low Bend and i thought they were the best. can i put those pro taper bars on my 250 without any problems ? thx

If one is a fat bar (with a large diameter all the way to the end) and the other is a taper (wide at the clamp point regular width at the ends) wouldn't you need new controls? Or maybe I am misunderstanding what "fat" and "taper" mean in this context...

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Renthal Fat Bars are tapered just like Pro Tapers. You can swap them with no problems.

I also like Pro Tapers. I've never tried the Fat Bars but the Renthal TwinWall handlebar I tried was too rigid. I like the little bit of flex I got from Pro Tapers.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Gomer is correct, you can switch from the original Pro Taper to the Fatbar with no problems. Basically there are two standards with bars, 7/8 inch and 1 1/8 inch, this is the diameter where the bar mounts to the riser. Both of these bars are 1 1/8 (as is the Renthal Twinwall for those who prefer a brace). If you were to swap to a 7/8 (Pro Taper SE) bar then you would need to replace the risers (mounts). All standard MX bars have 7/8 inch ends for mounting the controls. There are exceptions (PW50 bars come to mind) but I do not consider these standard.

Last edited:
Top Bottom