wardd

Aug 17, 2000
Anyone familar with the twinwall guarantee? Ever had bent bars replaced by Renthal? If so, did you deal with them directly, and what kind of experience did you have?

Thanks....
Wardd

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I wrote their company a while back to get clarification on their twinwall guarantee. Here is what they wrote back:

Dear (Papa),

On our website it says a virtual guarantee against fatigue failure, this is
completely true. We have never had a fatigue failure with this handlebar
and if we were to have we would immediately replace free of charge.

The following are the facts:

[1] We will not replace a bar which has been bent in a severe crash
[2] We will replace a bar which breaks or cracks for whatever reason

I hope the above helps and clarifies the situation
Kind Regards
Henry
I hope this helps.

wardd

Aug 17, 2000
Maybe the point is to be confusing, or at least misleading. What's their definition of a 'severe crash'? If I flat landed and bent the bar with my chest, but rode it out would it be 'severe'? Would 'replace for whatever reason' cover ALL reasons, except severe crashes?

Kind of like, 'Depends on what your definition of the word 'is' is? Sound familar??

Did you inquire due to a replacement? Was the replacement processed??

Thanks for the reply....
Wardd

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Did you inquire due to a replacement?
Nah, I just saw some post that said they were guaranteed and I wanted to verify it.
I've never owned Twinwalls.
I just wrote them out of curiosity. :)

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Hmmm... they WON'T replaced bent bars from a crash - BUT WILL replace any bars that break or crack for whatever reason.... :think

Sounds like all you have to do is break or crack your bent bars (smack them with a hammer or something...) and that will satisfy the guarantee :confused:

By the way - I had a friend who twisted up her twinwalls pretty good (first or second ride with them) and I believe she got a new pair through the her sponsor/dealer who dealt with Renthal.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Sounds like all you have to do is break or crack your bent bars (smack them with a hammer or something...) and that will satisfy the guarantee
Yup, that was my reaction when I read this too!:)

Top Bottom