Yzed-250F

Nov 10, 2000
I'm sick of my Renthal's bending from some very minor crashes. I'd expect the stock steel bars to bend, but not my $65 Renthals. Can anyone weigh in on their experience with Pro Tapers vs Renthals? I know any bar is going to bend from a big impact, but a minor high side shouldn't cost me $65. Thanks in advance.

johnpace2

~SPONSOR~
Dec 5, 2000
I was skeptical about Pro-Tapers, but I finally broke down and bought a set with Universal Clamps. I haven't crashed yet, but the quality seems awesome.

The reduction in vibration and the feel of the bars has been totally worth the price. I no longer feel that I need to death grip and my hands no longer get sore. I guess the bar flexes a little while still being super strong. Others have said that their Pro-Tapers are nearly un-bendable.

Hope this helps!!

Jun 27, 2000
Have you ever seen the magura bulge bars? they are just like pro tappers...
I am hooked up with them. If you want I can get you some bars. The bars are $55 and the clamps are $25. Let me know...

sirhk100

Feb 8, 2001
I've had some hard crashes and my Pro Tapers survived except for one. My bike according to someone watching cartwheeled at least 5 times end over end. They're tweaked a little but barely. I barely notice a difference when I hop on a bike with straight bars. I'm definately sold on the strength of the bars. Tag makes a bar that is of the same design as the Pro Tapers that Seth Enslow runs and he claims to have never bent or broke a pair. I've seen one pair of pro tapers snapped at the track but didn't witness the crash that caused it. I would definately say the Pro Tapers will take a beating!!

cr125_king

Apr 2, 2001
hmmm....

I've never had a problem with Renthal bars bending and i have had some pretty harsh crashes on them. I would also consider buying Pro Tapers though because i like the feel of them on my brothers KTM and they look nice.

MoO_coW

Jul 14, 2000
My regular renthals have never bent in all my crashes but then again, whenever I crash the bike lands on me, seriously :eek:

J_dem_Bones

Jun 23, 2001
I have had several crashes on my renthals and they didn't bend till I crashed real hard! I was out of action for weeks.

renthal does have double wall bars that are suppose to be tough! ????
My buddie runs them and he has no problem.
Another buddie has pro tapers and loves them too.??
I think either way you go they will be good.?.?

Rodzilla

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 21, 1999
Had a buddy drop him KTM off of a 65 ft. cliff into a rock pile :eek: EVERYTHING behind the number plate was reduced to 1/8 inch thick paperweights. The forks were tweeked the front wheel was at a 45 degree angle to the bars. Tripple clamps were cracked.

The Pro Tapers were straight as an arrow.

I'm sold

gibbs_6

Jul 5, 2001
Before hearing these replies on this thread I was think about trying some Renthal Twinwalls or Pro-Tapers, but now I am sold to trying the Pro-Tapers first.Anyways what bend do yall like best or do Pro-Tapers not have bend choices?Boy I need some rest.:scream:

Top Bottom