renting bikes & riding in Tucson

KDX1

Mod Ban
Jun 5, 2001
I will be in Tucson,AZ for X-Mas and was wondering if there are any places that rent dirtbikes and if so, where are there good places to ride. Anyone with any help on this would be much appreciated. :D

00' KDX 200
Procircuit pipe & silencer
95' XR 250R (first bike)
AMA
GNCC

wfodbiker

Mar 27, 2001
KDX1,
I will be in Mesa for 2 weeks during Xmas and was looking for the same opportunity. I only found one dirtbike rental shop, but they only provided tours with guides. No riding on your own. The place I seen was ran by an ex-offroad racer, but I can't remember his name. It is located North of Phoenix near the Grand Canyon, I think. Do some searches and I'm sure you'll find it. I think the price was near $250/day. If you find something else, share the knowledge.

tstorms

Aug 10, 2001
I stayed at the Loew's Ventana Resort in Tucson about 2 months ago. At the Concierge desk they had brochures for a dirt bike rental/tour company that looked pretty cool, looked like mostly XR 400's. They had a website yet I lost the brochure. If you call the hotel, I'm sure they can give you the number or the website address.

Traildale1

Apr 22, 2000
Here's the link http://www.motoventures.com
Gary LaPlante will take good care of you. You'll probably like the KDX's that make up most of his rental bikes. He and his brother know some pretty awesome trails in AZ and SoCal. My friend Phil and I have done couple rides with Gary - lots of fun. The first was a two-day 160 mile custom-made ride up into the mountains north of Phoenix. We started in the desert and rode al day until we were in the mountains and riding through snow! We ended up in a old mining town called Crown King. The town is only accessable by 20 miles of 4WD jeep road off the nearest highway. Very cool trip.
Gary is based in Temecula, CA but can easily travel to AZ for rides.
Go ahead and mention that Dale Gundberg and Phil Kairis sent you.
Not that it will do you any good, ha ha, but Gary's a nice guy and deserves the business.

Doc

Two-Stroke Nut
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 9, 2000
I grew up in Tucson. there are still some killer rides around there. My ol'man is a geologist and when I was a kid we used to go out into the dez a lot to do gravity measurements, stream gage measurements, etc. A lot of those places are covered with golf courses now (the nemesis of good riding areas:( , them and the green freaks :scream: ). I will be in the dez for the holidays, I am not sure yet if I will take my bikes (trials and enduro), ride mom's (reflex), or rent (TTR250s) from some guy I found last year in the Yellow Pages). Contact me if you are serious about some riding, I'd like to find someone to ride with between Christmas and the 1st.

Doc

Last edited:

ReadytoRideRentals

Ready to Ride Rentals
Mar 26, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
If you are looking to rent a dirt bike in Phoenix or Tucson there is a new way to rent. Owner, Beau Law, and RTR Rentals are here for your rental dirt bikes needs. Need a bike for juat a day, or a entire week? We've got you covered. Offering for rent 2018-19 KTM and Husqvarna dirt bikes that are fully equipped for the AZ terrain. Locally owned and family operated, Ready to Ride Rentals is the only call you need to make. Check out their website below:

Dirt Bike Rentals Phoenix

or Call Beau Law at 602-425-7720 to reserve your rental today!

Last edited:

Top Bottom