Panama

Jun 15, 2005
hello friends, I have a WR250 2 stroke, running fine but the gasoline tank (plastic, 96 model) has been cracking at the top right side, just where the screw that holds the plastic radiator cover goes in (top one). Any suggestions on how to repair this crack? I have tried several brands of epoxi type glues, always cleaning well and preparing (sanding) the surface... nothing seems to hold, all of my repair attempts have failed.

live4speed

Feb 29, 2004
ok all you need to get is some SEALALL its in a little yellow tube found at any hardware. It can even be applied on wet surfaces. This one time on my sled where the saddle bags go some idiot drilled holes in it and put one of the snap rings there and I kicked the snap ring off and I had a steady poor of gas put some of SEAL ALL in my hand and its like that too this day and hasn't leaked a drop.

Panama

Jun 15, 2005
Hey live4speed, thanks a lot for your help, Sealall brand is not sold here in Panama (central america) but will try getting it in Miami next week... is sealall an epoxi type (that you have to mix) or is it a product similar to Krazy Glue? Best regards my friend.

Oct 10, 2004
sealall is like a glue no mixing required and it works great. One other think you might want to try is J.B. Weld it is a 2 part epoxy and is really tough and will bond anything to anything. It also maakes a great thread repair tool as it can be drilled and tapped

Top Bottom