Repair Manuals

SpeedRacer

Mar 1, 2000
Do Clymer or Haynes produce a repair manual for 89-94 KDX 200's? If so, where might I be able to order one? If not, is the factory manual worth a $#!+?

Canadian-KDX

Nov 11, 2001
Im pretty sure Clymer makes one because i bought one for my '87 KDX 200 used from a bike repair shop that was closing....contact Clymer and ask them

motox

May 21, 2001
I looked on a bunch of sites that sell them, even the Clymer site and I couldn't find one. I know the 89-94 are nearly identical. I have a 92 and have done just about everything to it. Repairs I mean. Anything specific you are looking for?

SpeedRacer

Mar 1, 2000
Needing to replace all bearings in the rear suspension, and possibly the shock. '90 KDX200, I seem to have about 3/8 of an inch of play in the rear suspension, and the swingarm pivot seems to be frozen in place. My mechanic said it would cost as much to fix it as the bike is worth ($1000?), and I thought that was ridiculous. I know it may be a pain, but I'm a decent mechanic, only sent it to him for a top end and a once over because I don't have time to work on the darned thing. I guess I needed something else to work on this winter anyway!

Tom in NC

Nov 28, 2001
I've found the factory service manual is worth the money I spent. You can buy it right off Kawasaki's website ( www.buykawasaki.com ). It cost me $37 plus shipping. It has helped me out of a jam many of times.

SpeedRacer

Mar 1, 2000
I guess I'll order the factory manual, just kind of partial to the Clymer after past experiences with them on other bikes, but if I run into a jam I know you guys can help me out. Thanks.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…