repair or new sleeve?

ncyyz250

May 10, 2004
my yz recently blew up while idleing after rebiuild. tore it apart and the piston was pretty screwed up and there is a big gouge in the cylinder. now if im correct it has a nakisil bore and i would have to sent it out to get repaired or could i send it some were to have them bore it large enough to sleeve?

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
ncyyz250 said:
now if im correct it has a nakisil bore and i would have to sent it out to get repaired

or could i send it some were to have them bore it large enough to sleeve?

If it is a plated cylinder send it to Eric Gorr. Click on his link on the left side of the page. He can repair the damage and replate it for about the same price as a resleeve. If you resleeve it, you will loose HP.

Just my $ .02

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Let's make that $ .04, get it repaired and don't re-sleeve it. Eric uses US Chrome and you can go directly to them. Of course if Eric had it you might as well get a port job while you're at it :)

dkortje

Sponsoring Member
Aug 30, 2002
You might consider a new cylinder. Last time I did this, by the time I paid for shipping, replating, and waited 3-4 weeks, I could have bought a brand new cylinder from my dealer for about $50.00 more and been riding a lot sooner :ride:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…