Jimmy Pea

Jul 7, 2022
All I want is a clear and concise answer. Restoring an all original '68 DT250 and need to swap out/replace both front fork tube uppers because of rust pitting. I've tried off and on for over ten years to find the answer and just can't get it other than spending $$$ on new chrome tubes. What are donors that will work with stock triple trees? Please give me a coupla simple proven answers. Thx! Why is this so hard to find out?

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
It's hard to find out because it has been 54 years since it was made. It doesn't have a lot of restoration potential because other models were more popular to restore.

I don't restore but when I looked at getting a 93 YZ/WR 250 again and building from scratch I found the availability of things extremely tough. FB Groups were the only thing that I saw had stuff. There really wasn't a central parts directory or anything except aftermarket stuff like plastic but even those only still made things for certain years back.

If you aren't already I would suggest joining a restoration group on FB or somewhere else and see what you can find. Unfortunately, they have a lot of scammers so buyer beware.

FWIW, my first bike was a DT100 and I bought a used one a long time ago to restore and gave up because I couldn't find anything... pistons were even hard to find. The RT180 had a lot that would swap over for the chassis but that was the best I could do.

Good luck
Ivan

Top Bottom