Replacement Grimeca clutch master cylinder tm 250

calv

Jul 29, 2009
My Grimeca clutch master cylinder has just died. I'm going to try and pick up a replacement from flea bay and thought that a KTM cylinder might be the way forward as Magura master cylinders are more common.

The question is will a Magura or other master cylinder fit my hose which was used for the Grimeca? The hoses over here in the UK are £65 (about $120) so I really don't want to buy another.

Has anyone in the forum done this ?

Advice is very much appreciated

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
The bigger question might be will the Magura master play well with the Grimeca slave? My guess is that it should but it's a possible issue to consider. It's been my experience swapping masters on front brakes that the banjo bolt on the hose will pretty much fit most other masters.

calv

Jul 29, 2009
I was hoping that the only problem would be ensuring the TM hose fits a different master cylinder.

As long as the master cylinder forces hydraulic fluid down the hose when the lever's pulled then I believe that the slave should do its job.

Please advise if it's not that simple

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
It's sort of that simple. As long as the master displaces enough fluid in it's stroke to properly move the slave. That I don't know but would guess it may.

Top Bottom