Replacement headlight Shell

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
Does anyone know of a company that makes a replacemenet headlight shell for the 1995-03 KDX's? this is the plastick thing that surrounds the headlight. For the stock ones, they are like 80 dollars, US Thanx for the help!

bh

Nov 26, 2001
Try frpoffroad.com I think they have one. It was like $52 for the whole thing. Its made by UFO.

stinx

Jul 25, 2000
I just ordered a UFO replacement headlight from Fredette racing. The cost was $52,it comes with the shell,light and most mounting stuff. JeffFredette told me the newset version also have rubber mounting straps that work well on KDX's with conventional forks

WildBill

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 29, 2002
I picked up a new headlight assy from FRP a month ago. FRP shipped very quickly, (with a sticker, too!) and the UFO unit is a nice package with a low/high beam bulbs and wiring if you've got the stator for it. The only problem is that the rubber straps are too large a diameter for my '90 kdx200. FRP's suggestion is to wrap a slice of auto radiator hose around the fork tube to increase the diameter to fit the strap. I have not installed it yet as I am in the middle of doing a top-end on the bike. just my .02.

Bill

Gerg

May 7, 2002
When I got my new headlight unit from Fredette, I couldn't use the straps either ('97 KDX 220) so I just cut them off and used the stock mounting brackets to bolt the plastic on directly. I had to tweak the lower bracket just a little to get things lined up right, but basically it bolted right up! I also put the stock headlight in, rather than use the new one that came with the plastic.

kelseybrent

Sep 25, 2002
I think the "rigid to the clamps" mounting is why so many headlights get replaced. I picked up an UFO Twins that I thought looked cooler that the standard UFO replacement and it was cheaper (~$50) than the Acerbis DHH (~$80). It's made to fit large diameter upper fork tubes, so I cut up a rubber bungee and duct taped (Red Green is smiling) pieces to the straps to make them hold. The stock stator will only handle one of the 35W lights, so I wired up one and have the other for redundancy.

Brent
2003KDX200

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…