Representative Rick Larson (Washington)

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Here is part of an email that was received by Reoresentative Rick Larson in Washington State showing his views on the closure of public lands

> ** Where the Wild Things Are. **
>
> With the support of local officials and community members, I kicked off
> efforts to extend the Wilderness areas created by Senator Scoop Jackson,
> designating wilderness area outside of Index, Skykomish Wild. Exact
> boundaries of the proposed Wilderness have not been drawn. We are have
> just begun the process of going over maps and soon I will take an aerial
> tour of the federal land that is under consideration.
>
> I have received more than 2,500 letters from constituents supporting these
> efforts and am encouraging even more public input and hope that you will
> comment on these efforts.

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
Another one lost

:(
, I kicked off efforts to extend the Wilderness areas

In other words; I jumped on the bandwagon to protect my political career by locking up land from future generations.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by MXP1MP
Here is part of an email that was received by Reoresentative Rick Larson in Washington State showing his views on the closure of public lands.
>
> I have received more than 2,500 letters from constituents supporting these
> efforts and am encouraging even more public input and hope that you will
> comment on these efforts.

MX. Do you have an address for this guy. After all, he is asking for more public input. Perhaps we could flood him with some input.;)

Ol'89r

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
My letter

Dear Sir,
You have been elected to serve the people of your state in the best of your ability, with honor and without bias.
The protection of, or locking up of certain areas from development should be weighed against the resulting loss of access to these lands for our future generations.
It seems to be simply in vogue these days for some politicians to declare vast tracts of public land off limits.
How will history recall your deeds?
Please use sound reason in determining an act that will limit the freedoms of our children's future and their rights to access public lands.
Keep our Public Lands Public!

Sincerely,
Ken James
Evanston,WY

WELL, E-mail address is not any good. It came back un-deliverable!:(

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
That is the email addy he lists on his website. Here is the link to his Contact info for alternate methods of contacting him.

http://www.house.gov/larsen/contact.htm

Maybe I'll see if our nice Representative Nethercutt won't go over & bonk him on the brain. Nethercutt replied to me with a nice letter about how undersighted Klinton's Roadless Ban was and the devastating impact he (Rep. Nethercutt) believes it will have on the rural communities he represents. Wonder if the fact that my emails to him included the name of the company I work for and the owner was one of his largest contributors, influences him at all Hmmmm :think

Top Bottom