motodawg

Sponsoring Member
May 1, 2002
#141 is mine... Isn't it? I'm not far from Cooperland, I can beat you there! Saw this post on www.motocrossok.com this morning by the new owner; "Guy Cooper, John Dowd and Keith Johnson will be out testing for the Nationals all day today (May 2) during open practice. If you would like to ride with them come on out and ride till dark for $10.00, a new section has also been added to the track as of last week." ...I had to work!!! Some good info on www.cooperlandraceway.com too.
NOTICE: Oklahoma Red Dirt will stain. Don't even think about wearing a white T-shirt!

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Originally posted by motodawg
NOTICE: Oklahoma Red Dirt will stain.
I've heard it stains bad, do we need to wash bikes every day or is it useless?

trivial

Feb 14, 2002
Oldguy-
Hey, is there a possibility that you could change my # to 77 rather than 777...apparently I got a little over-zealous with the 7 key.

Thanks.

motodawg

Sponsoring Member
May 1, 2002
Naaa... the water will be just as red! Seriously, I sometimes have to work harder to get it off of the white plastic parts on our YZ's, but it will come off.
Wait until you guys see the MX track. You're gonna freak! Big tabletops, big step-ups, uphills, downhills... it's a blast! Cooperland also has one of the premier PeeWee tracks in the country. A completely seperate track just next to the pit area with it's own gate. It's also killer on your pitbike! I've got it, the Over 45 XR50 class! I'm there!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Bring Simple Green.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
Originally posted by bluerider125
28, if i can make it;)
but but I called it back on the first page :whiner:

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
OnAnySunday took my number :(
So I'll go with 320 :cool:

Last edited:
B

biglou

Kav-You gonna make it? That would be great! Man, I've made that drive from Yuma to OKC and back so many times on my way to and from Kansas City back in the eighties and early nineties. Back in the eighties, the speed limit was 55! :(

Just a tip-If you want to avoid the biggest mountains, go East all the way into Las Cruces, New Mexico and then head North, coming into Albuquerque (sp?) from the South. Then head East again on I-40. If you go through Phoenix and Flagstaff, there are some serious hills to climb! Of course, if you like the scenery, and it is beautiful, then going through Phoenix is the way to go.

If you do head through Phoenix and Flagstaff, try to hit Albuquerque at night. Coming into that city from the West on I-40 at night is like landing a plane! You are way up in the mountains and you can see the entire city lights as you decend into it. Very cool sight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
BigLou: I'm hopping to make it, and thanks for the driving tip. My truck is getting up there on miles and only has 2.9L for now, so finding out about a less hilly way is a major plus. I'm still looking fo that cruse book for you and if I can find it I'll bring it with me. :)

Top Bottom