rorydensmore@yahoo

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 22, 2007
finaly have room to restore some bikes. which one do i start with? 1966 sears, 1975 175 husky, 1973 175 puch or the 175 jackerpiner penton every body has a penton so i thought i would that one last.

sm7482

Jan 29, 2008
well, if everyone has pentons and thats last on your list, nobody, or almost nobody has a sears allstate, so i'd do that one first! people won't even know what it is. is it an actual motorcycle, or one of the mopeds they made?

sm7482

Jan 29, 2008
yeah. i'd like to see some pics of that baby! parts will be hard to find i'm guessing. you should walk into your local sears and ask for parts, just for kicks.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
The Sears (if it is what I am thinking of) was made by Gilera - a 106ss if I recall. I had one a few years ago that I never got around to restoring, so parted it out. I may have a set of forks for it, and can hook you up with the guy I sold the engine to (my hunch is he never did anything with it either!).

I did find a Gilera web site somewhere....no clue what the URL is, but try some searches for Gilera.

Here is a pic of the one I had - did not have a tank for it unfortunately. Interesting bike actually.

Attachments

• Gilera left side.jpg
    Gilera left side.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 388

rorydensmore@yahoo

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 22, 2007
that is what mine looks. like also missing seat and tank but picked op a diff tank that looks better. it ran when i got it a year ago only missing air cleaner.

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
Vintage Bob: That is obviously part of a secret works swingarm with manually adjusted hydraulic shock. It was highly effective when you had a crew member run beside the bike and adjust the rear suspension as the rider encountered bumps etc. I believe the runner held one metal arm in his left hand to twist the release valve when encountering high spots and he pumped the shock up with his right hand. I'm pretty sure Big Oil stole the prototype and destroyed it and arranged to have the designer run his car off a steep cliff in an "accident" before the patent was filed. Mere possession of this photograph could put one at risk.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
And the tattered tarp is all thats left? Pretty darn good story 2 strokerfun! Sears used to have their hands into everything is no lie though. There was a time you could go there and order your entire house, in pieces, it arrived at your site, some assembly required. Parts?

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
Might have "marketed" them under Sears name (don't know), but Sears really doesn't produce anything. But I remember reading Sears catalogs growing up and I can just picture what the car ads would have read. It would have shown three models: "Good," "Better" and "Best "!! Anytime you saw these listings for three models of merchandise, it really meant: "Crap," "More Expensive Crap" and "Good."

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
yes, the bike has runned away before the click!!! happens me all the time. :cool:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom