Results of first 250 AMA SX *HUGE SPOILER!!!*

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Originally posted by BigLou
Did anyone catch "Bike Week" on Speed Channel yesterday? They had some good clips of both classes and also MC's retirement speech. The rest of the show was about John Penton and kTm. Great show.

I saw the show and enjoyed it very much.

While they did not show RC's and TP's heat race incident, they did show RC's crashes in the main event. He lost a lot of time, and still got second against a very strong field.

I enjoy watching the pros race aggressively - It's professional SX, not tiddlywinks.

patpipes

Uhhh...
May 5, 2002
Hey do yourself a favor and go to racerX and view the series of pictures, RC's bike did not slide out. He passed TP and got run into by Travis. When he passed TP you could have put another bike between them. The Boos should have been for Travis he initiated that contact, but he lost because he was behind RC. Now take a look and then come back with your opinions!

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
(Phoenix)

Wow! That was exciting! At least the 1st 1/3 of it! Very technical track, EVERYONE out for blood (including RonRon!)! 125's were great too!

Last edited:

los36

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
After watching ESPN this weekend, I would like to rescind my RC statements. I guess we can argue all day unless we were there or until see it for ourselves.
RC's move was clean and TP screwed it up. What we should have been talking about were the moves that Nick Wey tried to put on Heath Voss in the LCQ! Wow! I like both of those guys but man, Wey was brutal!

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
I was busy all weekend, didn't see the race onTV, didn't even get to listen to Phoenix on the internet,but seeing that I made some commits based I what I heard ( not what I saw )on SXGP at round 1, I think I need to back peddle now based on what I'm hearing ( here at DRN )

I'll be in the corner

atc3434`

~SPONSOR~
Nov 1, 2001
Yeah, ok anybody that wants to complain about RC's pass on Pastrana has nothing. RC got blocked passed by TP a few turns back, and what did RC do... he let off, let TP by, and then came back. Now RC lays down a clean block pass, and TP hammers the trottle right into Ricky. TP has only one person to blame for falling there, himself. And what about all the TP advocates saying it was only a heat race. Did TP need to pass Ricky then? Watch the tape... watch it again. I've seen the whole hour segment of the 250's twice now, and finally got the 125s for the first time today. RC didn't deserve his booing. And I'd like to see what other riders could do with being in last place in the main, how many could make it up to second. Whether or not you like the kid, he's good. I just hope its a tight race between Reed, RC, Ferry, and Travis (If he calms down a little, and keeps all his limbs attached.)

Top Bottom