Resurfacing needle and seat?

Nice Guy Eddie

Uhhh...
Jun 30, 2004
right on.... I had no idea it would cost that much for a simple part like that... the one DK gave me was somewhere less than $10... I thought like $5....

the resurfacing has to wait until this weekend.... if it doesn't pan out Sudco is on my list.... thanks for all the help

JasonWho

Apr 10, 2002
10 minutes sure beats having it shipped! I'd love to put up with that.

The part in the catalog is $13.99

Good luck on getting it going!

Nice Guy Eddie

Uhhh...
Jun 30, 2004
can I get lapping compound at AutoZone? (big parts store).... also I need some high temp silicone for the exhaust... I assume they have that....

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Nice Guy Eddie said:
can I get lapping compound at AutoZone? (big parts store).... also I need some high temp silicone for the exhaust... I assume they have that....

Yes and yes.

Ask for fine valve grinding paste. Clover brand works good if they carry it. Usually comes in a two sided can. Fine paste in one side and coarse in the other side. Use the fine compound.

Lap the needle JUST ENOUGH to seal it. If you lap it too much it could wear a ring in it and cause it to stick in the seat.

You can also use toothpaste or cleanser as a final lapping paste. This is much finer than the valve lapping compound.

Good luck. :cool:

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…