coastie

Apr 13, 2006
Hey all. I'm back into dirt riding after about 10 years away. I grew up riding my brothers KX 80 and then my own YZ 400. I'm now 26 and haven't owned a dirt bike sinc I was 17. I've been riding street for the last 4 years but haven't been able to get a dirt bike too. I currently ride a 2005 Ducati Monster S2R and I just picked up a "new" 2003 XR400R. I rode it for the first time last night and man, I forgot how much fun this is. I'm working on getting my sons (ages 3 and 5) into riding too. I bought them a CRF50 a few weeks ago. They really like it so far. I can't wait to get the training wheels off for them and get them out on the trails.

BTW does anyone know where some good trails are in south Louisiana. I'm not from here, only stationed here so I don't know where everything is. I have a 10 acre piece available to ride on but I'd like to find some other areas too.

chevy383cid

Aug 26, 2005
Glad to hear your back getting dirty,It's hard to get that stuff out of your blood!!!!!!!!!!!! Wait until your son's can keep up with you-It gets alot more fun. :)

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
I have pretty much the same story - stopped riding at 16 or 17 - sold bike for money for college. Got back into it last April - 17 years later.

Had my first MX race last year - and my first one of this year will be on Saturday. :laugh:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

Be sure and go to your User CP and update information relating to your location, type of riding, etc. After that grab a spot on the couch and tell us a bit about yourself. How long you have been riding, what kind of riding you prefer, where you are located, etc. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

coastie said:
BTW does anyone know where some good trails are in south Louisiana. I'm not from here, only stationed here so I don't know where everything is. I have a 10 acre piece available to ride on but I'd like to find some other areas too.

Watch for
around the site. I will try and get them all to pop in and say hi!

Again, welcome to the site and shout if you have any questions!

mafols

Sponsoring Member
Nov 24, 2001
Hey coastie,

Welcome to the site :cool:

What area are you stationed in......If Fort Polk ??....you are close to the best ( ....pretty much....only...) riding areas in So. La. There are several areas throughout the Kisatchie National Forest. You can read about them HERE

Once again...welcome to DRN :cool:

Matt

Last edited:

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
Welcome Coastie,

Where are you stationed? Like mafols said, if you're at Ft.Polk, you're closer to the best riding in LA. than the rest of us. Forest Hills, Breezy Hill, Cravens and I think there's another called Red Dirt. I've never been to Breezy Hill or Red Dirt, but I believe Matt has been to those. Anyway, welcome to DRN and hope to ride with you soon.

Mark

mafols

Sponsoring Member
Nov 24, 2001
Hey coastie,

So you are down here in the damn marsh with the rest of us... :laugh: . Not much place to trail ride here, I live in Raceland. We make treks to Forest Hill to ride on dry ground for serious woods riding. Usually camp for the weekend.

For some practice or just to cure withdrawals, you can go to the Bonnet Carrie Spillway in Norco. It's a 4-wheeler club that built and maintains the trails there, so it sort of favors there wide vehicles...but better than nothing. You can check it out HERE. Try to go during the week if possible...I hear it's pretty crowded on the weekend.

You should also make a trip to CYCLE WORLD of HOUMA. There are quite a few off-roaders from the area that do business there (including myself). Get with James Henry....he's a salesman...but don't hold that against him :laugh: He's one of my riding partners and he loves off-road.

Maybe we can get together if you make a trip to the Spillway....send me a PM.

Matt

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
Maybe we can try to make the spillway this Wednesday after work. I'll call you Matt.

Mark

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
How about Tuesday? I have to really put thought into the shift schedule since I went to days. For some reason I thought you would be working days Wednesday.

Mark

Top Bottom