thank you for your interest in rev magazine. unforntunately we are unable to

process your order because this title has ceased publication

sincerely

rev magazine

cutomer service

ri/revm

RAH RAH

Aug 30, 2003
That is the worst thing to happen since the ending of dirtweek. that mag was better than most with the trailrider toping them all.

Life for dirtbikers sucks til Sundays thats why we read the DRN.

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
That's a shame, I only got to see one issue (picked it up about a year ago). Thought it was off to a good start. :(

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
I only found it one time on the rack about 50 miles from my house.

Bruce

~SPONSOR~
Nov 12, 1999
Actually, I'm not surprised... received an issue in the mail yesterday... 50 pages, real fluff stuff. It was off to a great start but less meat as time went on. Hope I get a letter about my refund...

tigerowner

Mar 3, 2002
I am not surprised either. The concept was great but the last issue had many errors and the content was not all that great. Trailrider is a much better mag although I would like some western content.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Unless you name a mag as a "consumer report" and ask for Govt grants to keep afloat, no honest rag will make it, IMHO.

Brand bias and the almighty Mfg's dollar fuel most of the popular rags today, as opposed to honest, objective reporting.
What good would a Mfg be doing if he couldn't buy the mags praise? Supply a mag with product when the mag may well present their findings honestly and without bias? NO WAY, Jose! Can't take that chance. Gotta spend money with the mags that can be bought.

Of course that's just my opinion, I may be wrong. :)

Bruce

~SPONSOR~
Nov 12, 1999
Interesting point Jaybird, but in the November issue of Rev, they certainly had plenty of advertising from the manufacturers (and aftermarket companies)...

As for Trailrider, I used to subscribe about three years ago but there was so much coverage of the Eastern U.S. race scene that it became a snooze so dropped that too.

So, I make do with Dirt Rider, Dirt Bike, and when I really need a fix, RacerX (which is one of the best IMO). Natch, DRN is tops when it comes to info... it would be great if DRN got into the bike testing biz.

Last edited:

agitt73

~SPONSOR~
May 11, 2000
if any of you evan received just one issue your not going to get a refund
because services are renderd

Rodzilla

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 21, 1999
Even worse...

I've heard from sources that those of us that paid subscriptions get our info transferred to "ATV Sport" magazine

I have zero use for that/

BigBore

Jun 16, 1999
Rod, I'm pretty sure thats correct. I've been getting this ATV magazine lately, I haven't paid any attention to the name of it. I figured it was something my dad subscribed to, but now I'm gonna check an see if it really is my name on it.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Bruce,
I think the "shootouts" is where most of the bias lies. AND where the most bang for a MFG's buck is as well.

If a MXA tester tells it, it HAS to be true. Right?

Bruce

~SPONSOR~
Nov 12, 1999
Certainly no doubt on that point Jaybird.
I remember a Yamaha I bought that was only available in Canada, Europe, and Japan that DirtBike got their hands on called a DT200 (1989) that they had labelled a KDX killer.
I bought the bike based on the review (and a quick test ride around the dealership)... what a disappointment... more proof that you can't believe what you read.

Top Bottom