revalve: mx-tech valves or stock units?

jimbo

May 20, 2000
i just bought a 2001 drz 400 and when i get some time on the suspension and need a service i will have the suspension revavled for more control over the rocks and g-outs. my question is should i use the mx-tech vavles or just revalve the stock units?
thanks for any help!

jimbo :)

IBWFO

Aug 5, 2001
I was led to believe that Race-Tech blocked off the mid-valve in the Yamaha forks. After watching a long time friend of mine re-valve my forks (Race-Tech) this is totally untrue. He actually installed a check-valve. I then took my bike and raced it at Millville this past weekend and was thoroughly impressed with the overall package.
Regards

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
Having done the revalve on stock pistons on my CR, I would likely go the whole piston route next time. I think that there is some advantage to the "systematic" approach. JMHO

As for the RT midvalve deal, I think you may have misunderstood, at least posts from this forum. RT does not "block off" the midvalve, as this would lead to hydraulic lock. The check valve simply renders the midvalve compression metering ineffective, forcing base valve stack to do all the work. (good? bad? your call)

mikee88o

Aug 9, 2001
RT is actually blocking the cylinder valve at the top of the cartridge the top out spring is held by the new seal they make that has a quad seal against the rod & an o ring that touches the cylinder

Top Bottom