REVLOC clutch

DDNMC78X

Feb 1, 2002
I got to ride a crf450 this week with this clutch on it and it was just too cool how well it worked. they are kinda spendy but my next new bike will have one. if you ever get the chance to ride a bike with one do it. I guess i forgot to say it is an automatic clutch.

Last edited:

M. Gregor

Feb 17, 2000
Tell us more about this clutch. Does it work like
an automatic clutch on an ATV?
What advantages/ dissadvantages did you notice?

I assume it would only work well on a bike with strong
low RPM power?

DDNMC78X

Feb 1, 2002
I cant think of any disadvantages. The advantage is you can forget about the clutch and concentrate more on your riding plus you can virtually forget about stalling the bike. It engages at about 2000 rpm and the engagement is very smooth. You could be right about it only working on a bike with good low end but would like to hear about it on a small engine. You can still use the clutch like normal on say a start where you feed in the clutch also. All i can say is when i rode that 450 it made me a beleiver in both the clutch and the bike.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Their website (www.revloc.com) says it's currently available for the following bikes:

HONDA:
XR 400
CR 500
CR 450F

KAWASAKI:
KDX 200
KDX 220
KX 500

KTM:
400 EXC
520 EXC

SUZUKI:
DRZ400

Sign me up. There's nothing I hate more than being stuck on a hill & being totally exhausted, getting the bike started, then stalling again.

Jeepboy

Oct 25, 2000
It seems that the only bikes that the auto clutch is available for are easier not to stall. Seems like a 125 or 250 mx bike used in the woods would benefit the most from an auto clutch? Although I don't know how well it would work on a 125 unless it engaged at a very high rpm.

roostafish

Jul 14, 2000
I too rode a Revloc clutch, on the 29th of Jan. I rode a CRF 450R and a Husaberg 470. I too am a believer. What a unit. Very smooth engagement, did not free wheel down hill like I worried it might. The only thing that worried me was there was no way to bump start the machine. They do sell a kit to allow this, but you lose the ability to use the clutch lever other than to bump start. No biggie, it works great. Side note, I'd be a full on Husaberg nut after riding that bike, but I had a difficult time reaching the kickstarter. Left side kick doesn't bother me, but jeez, I needed a hill to get high enough to reach it! If I trusted the electric start, I'd be very interested.

M. Gregor

Feb 17, 2000
Roostafish,
I was thinking one of the main advantages of the revloc
would be that you wouldn`t stall the bike and then electric
start wouldn`t really be needeed. Was this your observation
after riding the revloc equipped bikes or not?

roostafish

Jul 14, 2000
It was my observation that it seemed impossible to stall the bikes, however I can imagine situations where it's really nice to be able to bump start. e.g. sitting at the top of a hill, chatting with your buds.

M. Gregor

Feb 17, 2000
Was it your first ride on a husaberg? What did you think of
berg compared to the crf450?

roostafish

Jul 14, 2000
I have ridden 'Bergs before, and never really liked them because they feel so long. I really liked this one though. It still felt too long, but all other aspects were top notch (except the looooong kickstarter). I ride in tight terrain mostly, and the large turning radius could turn into a liability. If I rode mostly open, or even semi-open terrain, it would certainly get consideration.

The CRF cornered like nobody's buisiness, but the 'Berg felt like it had more power.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…