OLD STROKER

Feb 19, 2001
In the process of converting my 400exc into a 540, I broke an oil ring.:o KTM has them back ordered and I understand 540 replacement parts are hard to come by, so I need the help of all you pumpkin heads out there. Does anyone know of a dealer that would carry the rings ?? (anywhere in the world )
HELP!!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
You can try Barr's . They flat track KTMs and do a lot of big bore conversions so they tend to stock a lot of parts.

Bob Barr's KTM
1701 S Stoughton Rd
Madison, WI 53716-1855
Phone: (608)222-6800

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Be SURE to ask about shipping costs from Holeshot FIRST!

Dirk Diggler

Jun 28, 2001
I cruise the Holeshot forum as well as this one, and they seem to have a good name.
What's with all the negativeity? Should this be a subject for the flame board?

OLD STROKER

Feb 19, 2001
Coach in ND

WOW! I checked out that post on KTM parts from about a week ago.
Pretty heavy stuff.I wonder if HOLESHOT reads these post? It sounds as if they do, but don't care.
They didn't have my ring in stock, so they don't have every thing. It appears I was fortunate they didn't have it.
Sommers KTM in Europe did and I'll have it in 3 to 10 days.
Check out my post in the Holeshot forum on Broken oil ring. Truly a great experience!

OLD STROKER

Feb 19, 2001
I think all you people that are upset with Holeshot, should vent your displeasure on the Holeshot forum. It might open their eyes. At least it's worth a try!

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
Denny has a history. He isn't just some ol' fart who started a shop. Infact, Holeshot was called something else I believe until around ~90 he switched to only supporting KTM's, no other brands. If you need it, he usually has it, at a price. My wife made the mistake of getting me K-Style jersey and pants there, BOY DID SHE LEARN! Not only did they lie to her on the shipping (she ordered by phone), they scratched out the shipping on the purchase order and entered a different amount, plus late. They came AFTER Christmas , almost New Years and she ordered them almost two weeks before to be here under the tree. Not to mention they sent her sizes that only King Kong could fit in. When she called to confront them about the shipping, she was placed on "click-hold". You know, when you are "told" to be placed on hold and then suddenly, you here "click". I just took my clothes to a local KTM dealer, who for 5% restocking fee, exchanged them. Looking at the price of the local place, she could have saved about $70. One hundred forty dollars for pants just becuase they say "KTM" on the legs?:think
I'll order from KTM-Austria direct before I go through Denny again.

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
I have no reason to stick up for Holeshot, except that I have had no bad experiences with them. I orderd suspension parts, gear / clothing, among other stuff, and have found Denny's advise to be spot on, and merchandise top quality. The shipping was prombt and reasonable. (I live very close to Ohio) that may make a difference. I guess everyone has their reasons. <shrugging shoulders>

Max Factor

Sponsoring Member
Oct 18, 2000
Old Post. Same topic.quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Coach in ND
BUYER BEWARE....HOLESHOT IS A RIP-OFF!!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the risk of starting a flame in the KTM forum (Patman?) I couldn't agree more.

I bought a used 380 from them last year when I lived in Cleveland, OH. When I picked it up, I wanted a new set of full plastics, FMF silencer, Graphics / seat cover and oils / lubes. I was shocked at the store prices and I casually asked if he'd look after me with a bit of a large order / bike buyers discount. Denny looked at me like I was an idot and plainly said NO, turned his back and walked away. Didn't really faze me at the time, I bought them online at theedgesports.com and saved over $100.

The next dealing was when I needed some number plate backgrounds, I was 45 minutes drive from the shop, but didn't need them till the weekend so rang, gave them my credit card number and asked them to be posted. They put it on a 2 day UPS ship, charged me $19 for the backgrounds and $13 freight even though they were in an envelope. $32 for 3 black stickers Again, called to question them, and they gave some sort of arrogant response that if I wanted to deal with "20 year experts in the KTM business" I'd have to pay!!!

However........the straw that broke the camels back was when I rode the bike for the second time, the rear spring snapped in half. It had a holoeshot sticker on it and wehen I bought the bike they proudly boasted how they'd re-sprung / revalved the suspension etc. On dissassembly / putting the stock spring back in, I noticed the old, snapped spring was about 2" shorter than the stock one and a big aluminum spacer in it's place. Thinking this was quite odd, I rang Denny to discuss, he calmly said that they'd used a Suzuki Katana Road bike spring in that shock!! Now I'm no suspension guru, but the results of a snapped spring in my hand spoke for itself.

This is a sample of my bad experience (in conjunction with nearly paying 3 times the price for jets / needles today) Moral of the story, buyer beware, shop around.

Last encounter was trying to locate an ECEMN needle and jets. Holeshot price = $20 / needle and $8 for jets. Sudco = $7.75 needle and $3.35 jets.

IMHO the Only good thing about Holeshot is the Bullitien Board.

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Max F,
Holy crap,......now I'm listening.

My dealings with them have'nt been too extensive, seems as though thats a good thing! :eek:

Top Bottom