ericlachance

Feb 16, 2003
I'm sure you've probably thought about it before, why not team up with Eric Gorr and write a book an jetting and general info on race gas... Im sure it would be a good seller( i would buy it for sure), since most of the questions on these forums are about these two subjects. Plus, you wouldn't have to answer them anymore. You could keep the amazon url in the past function and use that as an answer to the 'neeed jetting help for...' questions. Plus, I'm sure even the guys who are good at these things would buy it.

just a thought

Eric

125 rider

Sponsoring Member
Oct 1, 2000
Originally posted by ericlachance
Plus, you wouldn't have to answer them anymore. You could keep the amazon url in the past function and use that as an answer to the 'neeed jetting help for...' questions. .

So your saying he shouldnt give free advice and help people, but instead say "buy my book for everything you need to know." I think thats what makes these boards great, free exchange of information.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Eric Gorr is going to update his book and I'll be contributing to that. Eric is a much better writer than I could ever hope to be. ;)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
just be sure to inject a little of that acerbic wit . . .

and maybe one free pass for a whaaaambulance ride ;)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by XRpredator
and maybe one free pass for a whaaaambulance ride ;)

We'll have a pull out coupon Pred ;)

ericlachance

Feb 16, 2003
No, what I'm saying is that most of the time, people are asking Rich about BASIC jetting questions. Someone with more complicated questions could than resort to asking him directly, through boards like this. I'm pretty sure most people (including Rich) are tired of hearing the daily 'theres black stuff coming out my exhaust, is this normal' questions...

Rich, When does the new version come out? In the last version, eric only explains the 'ride and feel' method. Will the new one be much more detailed than the last? Also, can you include a section on the 'basics of race fuels' I'm sure this would be very appreciated by all the readers. Can you ask him to put up a resumé of the new/modified sections on the forward motion site(just something basic saying what chapters have been modified and added.). Oh, yeah, In the last version, he makes references to pictures wich aren't actually there(I can't remember where though). I tried e-mailing him asking him if he could fix this in the next version, but the e-mails just bounce back.(I know he's in the process of moving, but i thought he still had an Internet connection.). Not that it's very important, I just thought it would be nice to have a few more pictures explaining the text. (Just a little constructive criticism)

Thanks

Eric

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Eric is just getting started on the new book and it will be a MAJOR change rather than an update so it will take a while. There will be so many new cool things that weren't part of the original it will blow people away. It will be worth the wait. The KTM guys who were looking for more info will be thrilled with the new additions. ;)

As soon as more info is available about a release date you'll see details on DRN and Eric's website www.eric-gorr.com

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
LOL, i asked a similar question a while ago. sounds like a great project, if you are interested Rich, i would be more than happy to lend my scientific proof reading skills:) i could even write my own little section on jetting big bore rm125s;) i must be the world leader in that field:silly:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Bruce - Outside assistance is ALWAYS welcomed. Gomer even helped proof-read the current book.
Of course his suggestion to add more pictures of ways to jet a YT with a hammer were quietly lost in the shuffle ;)

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Speaking of pictures... it may be nice to see some females working on the bikes or setting sag and stuff in the next book. I'm not talking about them wearing thongs or anything (not that I'd not want to see that :) ) but rather have real women who know how to work on bikes in some of the pics.

Ivan

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Don't worry Ivan, I'm sure Rich could work in some pics of Gomer in that French maid outfit.

BTW when did Gomer learn to read?

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by Patman

BTW when did Gomer learn to read?

I taught him by taking him to strip clubs and painting letters on the breasts of women and then wrote little stories like "see Jane bounce."

It worked really good for him and was the only way to hold his attention.

Ivan
Ducking for cover from the PC crowd :)

Top Bottom