John.T

Aug 2, 2001
Recently I have been running Honda HP-2 oil and I really like it, my friend got me on the stuff because there is 4 or 5 of us locals who all run the same stuff at the same mix, so if we are ever in need of gas, whether it be at an H.S or just play riding around our houses (we often end up sharing gas if we run out) BUT now he decides that he will run Opti-2 because it's cheaper and he figures it's the same, and I am not so sure if I want to change my oil's just because he does, my bike is like my kid! I am not going to buy him cheaper food that tastes like garbage to save me money,
so are there any advantages to running either oil? Any better effects on my motor?
let me know:)

Last edited:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I don't have any real experience with Opti-2 so I can't really be any help. I will tell you that I was given some to play with, but after reading Interlube's "technical" information I preceded to pour it in my gravel driveway to keep the dust down. Feel free to draw you own conclusions. :)

HP2 is an excellent oil that is readily available anywhere in the country. Seems like a good choice to me.

cr125_king

Apr 2, 2001
Rich:

whats wrong with opti-2?. My friends all run it, and have had no problems. I'm the only one who dont run it, i run VBA Bardahl>never had 1 problem with it and it's half the price of Opti-2.:)

John.T

Aug 2, 2001
THANKS A LOT RICH!!! Hmm maybe I should pass the info on to my friend!! I did draw my own conclusions but can you elaborate just a little bit? I just want a little techincal info I can throw at my friend! Oh I know this is off topic but I recently got an fmf SST pipe for my 2001 CR250 and on FMF's dyno page it shows a 5hp increase?? Now this being a pipe cant really see this being possible but is there any twist they are using to stetch truth??

thanks again

ps, Sorry about the wrong forum thing, I just thought you might get a little techincal and I was not sure if it should be technical or product reviews??

Stab

Sep 29, 2001
Interlube?

Rich,

Where can I find the tech info from Interlube? I have some gumming issues with Spectro, and I am thinking of changing brands.

Thanks

Top Bottom