Someone

Mar 12, 2001
Thanks again to smb_racing (Jeff) for the awesome ride at Richland Furnace! RM250BOY, smb_racing, and I rode yesterday from about 11:30am to 5pm. We hit some very challenging hills and trails (for me anyway) :D. We never hit the same trail twice! I spilled a couple times, but nowhere near the amount I spilled the first time I rode down there. The first time I rode there I hadn't even sat on a 2 stroke in 11 years. I was sore for 2-3 days afterwards. I rode about 5 times after this locally and built up some better skills and confidence, so it was much funner this time.

While we were refilling our water, we decided to shoot some video with my digital camcorder on a small track that Jeff made in his woods. I uploaded the full video (mpg) to one of my servers if anyone wants to download and view it (kinda big, 25M size). It's Jeff and John hitting a small jump. I took multiple angles and it came out pretty good.

Here's the link: http://www.designingfool.com/advert/dirtbikevideos/jumps.mpg

Thanks to Jeff again, it was a blast.

If you are in driving distance to Jeff's, I HIGHLY suggest you meet with him and check this place out, it would be too cool to organize a ride with 10 people or so!

-Jeff

------------------
http://www.designingfool.com/advert -pics and such

'01 YZ250

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
hey jeff thanks for the vid man, it really did turn out nicely. I did manage to download the entire video here at home but it took somewhere around 3 hours, I sent the link to another DRN'er and he got it in about 5 minutes on his cable modem (I hate dialup) but anytime you guys want to ride again just drop me a line, it was great having someone to ride with again. You and john have really improved since the last ride, I'm looking forward to when you guys bring john's bro down. Just remind yourselves that drink systems are a wise investment :)

------------------
Jeff-
'84 Can-Am ASE 250 (brutally fast rat bike)
'93 Kawasaki KDX200 (big bore kit, A-Loop suspension, FMF pipe)

RM250boy

Mar 7, 2001
Yep, AWESOME RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Jeff for being the most excellent host and tour guide of the Richland Furnace riding area! I hope i get a discount once your start charging ;) I WILL be buying my drink system in the next couple days! And my bark busters too! I need to keep them rocks from biting off the end of my clutch lever! and them it wouldnt hurt to have a little protection from them throny vines trying to take my hands off the bars! I sure enjoyed the hell outta that ride! Them HUGE cattle hoggin the trail back by your other hare scramble track were pretty cool to see from such a close distance. Like Jeff said, that big bull was just waiting for one of us to make eye contact, so he could pick his target! :) :)

cant wait till next time!

thanks again Jeff!!

P.S. boy do i have a loooooooooooooong way to go on my jumping! :(

------------------
John (o)(o)
'99 Suzuki RM 250

[This message has been edited by RM250boy (edited 04-23-2001).]

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
you guys are too kind, that video makes me look better than I actually am though, I've never seen myself ride before so it was really neat :)

------------------
Jeff-

RM250boy

Mar 7, 2001
damn! that pic does look like he cased it! Jeff i think you need to lose a few pounds or stiffen up the suspension a bit :D

Oh yeah, Got my drinking system!! Target has them. 2 liters with large storage pocket too for $20
------------------
John
'99 RM 250

[This message has been edited by RM250boy (edited 04-24-2001).]

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
sweet man thanks, I noticed that when I watched the video but couldn't get it that clearly, my suspension is valved for a 165 pound rider too, I only weigh 145, I'm looking into stiffening it up a bit though.

------------------
Jeff-

Top Bottom