Ride a YZ125, want a better trail riding bike

calgalcher

Jan 4, 2004
Ride a YZ125, want a better trail riding bike.

Hi, currently I'm riding a YZ125. It's a great bike, but I want to do more trail riding and need something less "racey". I use to have a 97 Honda XR250. It was alright. The problems I had with it was the weight and hard to start. I'm looking at the WR250F or the CRF250X. If anyone has any suggestions...I would appreciate it. I'm 5'8" and 130 lbs. if that helps. Thanks, Calgalcher

Yz250FinAZ

Dec 15, 2003
if your looking to get out of the "racey looking type bike" then a WR would be good. But if you just dont want a racey engine"or a 2 stroke" a YZ250F is a good bike and still looks like a race bike since it is. i have an 03 and it is a very good bike, granted i havent had it that long.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Why not a KTM 200? There are a few of us gals who ride them (of course guys too) and they are SWEET bikes. All the good things about a two stroke, plus all the things you'd want in a trail bike. Or are you thinking about switching to a 4stroke for sure? There'd be a significant weight difference, but they're getting better.

calgalcher

Jan 4, 2004
Yes, I have thought about the KTM200. My nieghbor has one and she's like's it alot. Thanks for the input, I'm gathering all my info and hope to make up my mind soon. Thanks again.

calgalcher

Jan 4, 2004
YZ250FinAZ

Thanks for the info. I'm looking at that possiblity also. But I think I would like to stick to a 4 stroke due to the RED & GREEN sticker thing going on. Again thank you for you info. GalCalCher

calgalcher

Jan 4, 2004
Yes, I'm from Cal. and no I'm not interested in racing at this time. Just want to enjoy riding and exploring. I got the 125 from my son (he owed us $$) But after riding it a few times I have realized that I want something different for trail riding.

cybermecium

Jan 17, 2004
Hey yz250finAZ,

A yz250f IS a racing bike, in case you haven't been keeping up with MX, and everything about it from the engine to the suspension is built for racing.

Top Bottom