Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
Well, it took me almost a week, but I had to post this. I've been mtn. Biking and exercising instead of riding. I really need it at this point to ride well. Monday I ride the mtn bike, come home and wash up the RM for the winter teardown.

Once I finish cleaning it up nice I decide to take one last ride around the yard. At the last minute I put my helmet on but that's all. Now I've zipped up my driveway about 100 times knowing that if I rip it 1st and 2nd I can slam on the brakes and stop in time, yet for some idiotic reason I decide to hit 3rd at about 1/4 up the driveway. I find myself 15-20 ft away from my heavy trailer and toolshed at 30 or so mph. Hmmmmm. ok stupid. I hit the brakes, go down hard, The bike hits the trailer with the back wheel I think, moved the trailer back about a ft. (better the bike than me). I and hit the ground. Just a few patches of roadrash on me, the bike needs a new front fender and the peg is bent backwards (not a big deal) but I'm in for some hurt for the next few days. I'm glad I'm on vacation to heal for work. A foot or more to the right and I woulda been scrambled eggs, but I got lucky I guess. Also, every thing that I hurt would have been a non-issue had I been wearing my gear.

The injuries I got I know are reletively minor but still a PIA. If you want to see the blood and gore just click on 'My Pics'. They are just enough to make me realize what kind of chances we take and how important safety wear really is. 

Chief Humble

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Jeez Joe, what the heck?? :think: I guess it can happen to the best of us.

I put the IMS Pro pegs on my bike after I bent the pegs and they are like platforms. Give 'em a try. Glad your OK. Now I'm gonna have to come down and smack you in the head. Did anyone get it on video??

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Nothin' but your helmet, huh? I'm sure we've all done some pretty stupid stuff on a bike before. And I know RM_gut still does stupid stuff on his bike... wait, don't you ride an RM too?

Anyway, when riding, the most important thing to remember is the brain inside the head. Heal up!

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
Originally posted by RM_guy
Now I'm gonna have to come down and smack you in the head. Did anyone get it on video??

So you're finally coming down ? !!!! :laugh:&nbsp;Lemme know when so I can wear the helmet.

&nbsp;

No video as far as I know, but I'd bet my neighbor saw it through his window and wishes he had it on tape. Heck, I wish he had it on tape.

&nbsp;

Chief

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
Originally posted by WoodsRider
... wait, don't you ride an RM too?&nbsp;

&nbsp;

Yea, you are right WoodsRider, the superior power characteristics of an RM are indeed a force to be reckoned with, even in the most skilled of hands. I guess that's why most folks don't ride them..... :moon:&nbsp; :laugh:&nbsp;:laugh:

&nbsp;

Chief

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Looks like you were wearing your WoodsRider bike shorts too! Woodsy must have rights to the lavendar ones. :)

Glad your ok for the most part! I've done the take off for a quick spin without gear and thankfully only got squirrely. That is enough to make me think for a minute about playing around without gear on.

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
I was&nbsp;counting on rapid response to that one.&nbsp;Feel better&nbsp;NOW&nbsp;than&nbsp;BEFORE the crash. &nbsp;

&nbsp;

TreeJumper, You want more bikeshort pics it's gonna cost ya' just like everyone else.&nbsp;

&nbsp;

&nbsp;:)

&nbsp;

Joe Chief

Top Bottom